Thursday 30 April 2015

Catching up - Bones, SNL

Hey everyone, first of all I want to say thanks for reading! :) I do this for fun and it's super-rewarding to have people read all the goofy things I have to say.

Secondly, due to the end of the school year, between assignments, exams, and packing up to come home, I've fallen really behind on some of my shows. I had a late class on Thursday so I couldn't actually watch Bones or BBT live, and then I just never caught up.

Catching up actually takes more time than it should, because I'm always pausing the episode to keep up to the storyline (since there are no commercials) and to be honest, a marathon of that seems kind of not fun. Since this is supposed to be a fun project, I don't want to feel like I'm stressing out over getting caught up on something I should enjoy!!

I've also been sick in bed with a stomach bug since yesterday, so now would be the perfect time to catch up on watching, but I don't think I have the energy to write about everything. So I think what I'll do is watch and then write a quick summary of my thoughts all in one catch-all post here. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone and if you want me to go more in-depth about a particular episode, leave a comment and maybe I'll go back and write another one when I have more time.

These are the episodes I've missed:

Saturday Night Live:

Dwayne Johnson (Airdate March 28th) Not bad. He's always been a good host in my opinion. Nothing really stood out, bad or good, but maybe that's because I watched this a week ago and now can't really remember it. I do remember liking the Update bit they did about Robert Durst.

Michael Keaton: (Airdate April 4th) This one aired Easter weekend, which kind of surprised me, I thought they usually had that week off for the holiday. The monologue with Bobby and Taran begging him to do the Batman/Beetlejuice voices was really cute. And the surprise Update appearance from Norman Reedus I'm sure would have been cool for someone who 1) actually watches The Walking Dead and 2) didn't have said surprise spoiled by the Internet before they watched the episode

Taraji P. Henson: (Airdate April 11) Surprise Daryl Hammond! The QVC sketch was ridiculous Kate at her best. AND OMG SURPRISE BILLY CRYSTAL!!!! I love Billy Crystal!! He's the greatest!! Just when I thought Jacob the Bar Mitzvah Boy was getting kind of boring, too...
Fun Billy-Crystal-related fact: My dad told me to use the cover of his book for his contact photo on my phone.
I think he makes this face a lot when talking to me.
Beck Bennett does a surprisingly amazing impersonation of Nick Offerman. I don't think I've seen anything with Taraji before (and I've never watched Empire) but she was hilarious!!

Bones: 

The Putter in the Rough: (Airdate April 16th)

I think they've covered every niche almost-sort-of professional sport on this show. They've done video gaming, boxing, skateboarding, competitive eating, bowling, now mini golf? Have we done darts yet? And naturally all of the competitors take their shit WAAAY too seriously... WENDELL IS BACK!!!! Cute as per usual, but also a terrible liar.
Bonus Arden Myrin! (Of MADTv fame). She's adorable, I like her. Aubrey is adorable too - and adorably awkward when talking to an over-sharey 18-year-old girl about her sex life with a man in his 30s. (EWW!)
Hodgins and Wendell are insanely impractical, messing up at every turn and then just trying to cover all of that up - have these dudes NEVER seen a sitcom?!
Max is up to some shadiness which is, naturally, top-secret. Oh, Max. When will you learn not to lie to your daughter?!
Aaand Arden Myrin's the killer. She's also kinda dumb. Like REALLY dumb... Thinks that killing her husband's best friend to saver her marriage counts as self-defense. And that she can just get community service for murder. Good grief.
My grandma also has a wind-up clock like that that doesn't work hahaha awwe that's so cute. Good guy Wendell telling the truth.
And we finally find out why Max left when Brennan was little.

The Eye in the Sky: (Airdate April 23rd)

New intern? There's a new intern?!! Ughhh... BRING BACK FINN!!! They're pregnant!! I already knew that!! Brennan can keep eating cookies!! And Booth does a somersault off the bed. Hodgins is experimenting again. WHY HODGINS WHY.
Oh nevermind the 'new' intern is just Jessica Warren again. She's been in like 5 episodes, she's hardly new. Booth is too excited and doesn't know Jessica's name. If I didn't know better, I'd think he was high.
Angela knows EVERYTHING - immediately figured out that Brennan was pregnant. Love her.
Aubrey develops a backbone and stands up to Booth about his gambling, channeling Sweets. So proud of him.
Jessica inspires Hodgins to invent an unbreakable beaker. Those would be useful.
Aubrey said he'd take a bullet for Booth and I am compelled to hug him. And see, nobody around them knows anything about the pregnancy, so they also aren't appropriately cautious about his addiction. Aubrey's a good dude.
And Booth resists temptation! Yaaay! (But seriously, everyone saw that coming)
And Hodgins invented a rubber thing that will prevent broken stuff - isn't that already a thing? But good for him, going back to being a rich dude.
And Booth is gambling again. On baseball. Goddamn.

No comments:

Post a Comment