Friday 1 May 2015

Catching up: Big Bang Theory

Hey everyone, first of all I want to say thanks for reading! :) I do this for fun and it's super-rewarding to have people read all the goofy things I have to say.

Secondly, due to the end of the school year, between assignments, exams, and packing up to come home, I've fallen really behind on some of my shows. I had a late class on Thursday so I couldn't actually watch BBT live, and then I just never caught up.

Catching up actually takes more time than it should, because I'm always pausing the episode to keep up to the storyline (since there are no commercials) and to be honest, a marathon of that seems kind of not fun. Since this is supposed to be a fun project, I don't want to feel like I'm stressing out over getting caught up on something I should enjoy!!

I've also been sick in bed with a stomach bug for the past few days, so now would be the perfect time to catch up on watching, but I don't think I have the energy to write about everything. So I think what I'll do is watch and then write a quick summary of my thoughts all in one catch-all post here. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone and if you want me to go more in-depth about a particular episode, leave a comment and maybe I'll go back and write another one when I have more time.

These are the episodes I've missed:

Episode 18 - The Leftover Thermalization (Airdate: March 12th)

Sheldon knows pi to 1000 places. He is officially Weird Al's 'White and Nerdy' come to life. Howard freaks out about his mother's food defrosting (well if you didn't stand there with the FREEZER OPEN it could have stayed cold...) and I want to hug him, it's so sad...
Raj drops some 'culinary science' which is hilarious, as is Penny buying Leonard random stuff to cheer him up. Raj pronounces Thor as 'Tor'. Which is weird cos I definitely recall him being able to say it correctly in previous episodes.
Melissa Rauch gets to use her Mrs. Wolowitz voice and HOWARD FINALLY NOTICES THE SIMILARITY!!

Episode 19 - The Skywalker Incursion (Airdate: April 2nd)

Leonard and Sheldon have a philosophical discussion about 'Play that Funky Music White Boy'. Howard has a Tardis and Bernadette wants to sell it. Penny like Game of Thrones, and Sheldon invented the phrase 'lightly stabbed'. And then he runs onto Skywalker Ranch and gets tased.
This is possibly the most pathetic ping-pong game I've ever seen. Aaand Amy gets the Tardis.

Episode 20 - The Fortification Implimentation (Airdate: April 9th)

Surprise Wil Wheaton!! And OH MY GOD Howard has a half-brother!! That's so exciting!!!
Also surprise Kevin Smith! (in voice form)
Oh Wil, you little pot-stirrer you! I have a friend like that. Now Leonard and Penny are turning into Howard and Bernadette with the income imbalance.
Amy and Sheldon made a blanket fort and I'm so jealous. I miss doing that as a kid... Sheldon thinks their fort is better than Fort Knox, "Because Fort Knox doesn't have a secret physics lending library". I would like to point out that if they did, you wouldn't know!! AND OH MY GOD THEY'RE HAVING A SLEEPOVER!!!

Episode 21 - The Communication Deterioration (Airdate: April 16th)

Leonard and Raj are acknowledging their omega-male status, Howard is being childish (what else is new) and Sheldon warns Penny that his three-knock thing is addicting. But he won't give her any proper advice. Until she uses a train analogy.

Episode 22 - The Graduation Transmission (Airdate: April 23rd)

Raj bought an awesome helicopter and his father cuts him off financially. Leonard ends up wearing what is essentially a dress (too-short graduation gown).
My highschool graduation class didn't get caps. We had red robes that looked like they belonged on a gospel choir. Leonard's speech was awesome and so inspiring, and then the helicopter got a mind of its own and began going amok. Fun!

Episode 23 - The Maternal Combustion (Airdate: April 30th)

Christine Baranski is a treasure. She is the best. I'm so happy they finally got Leonard and Sheldon's mothers in the same episode. Also Penny's ring used to be a drill bit and Howard/Raj/Stuart are now Bernadette's lazy teenage children. Penny's sarcasm killed me in this episode. But wait, no Amy? What's up with that?

They did a really good job in this part of the season, keeping the situations somewhat fresh and the dialogue was definitely new, I hate when a sitcom kind of gets into a rut of predictability. Well done, writers!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete