Monday 29 April 2013

Bones - 'The Secret in the Seige' (season finale)

I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM OH MY GOD I HATE HIM!!!!!!
And by 'him' I mean Pelant, I mean in the history of all my years watching TV I have never hated a serial killer as much as I hate this one!!! Not only is he smug and arrogant, and an evil sonofabitch, but he frames Bones, tries to make Hodgins kill him, breaks into their homes, AND he makes it so they can't trust their own equipment!! I have to give the writers some serious props for this, but at the same time I HATE THEM SO MUCH FOR CREATING THIS SONOFABITCH!!!
Bones - Season 8 Episode 24 - Promo Video - The Secret in the Siege
At least he's hideously deformed and blind in one eye now... If only he'd go out in public he'd be easy to find...

So a bunch of FBI agents have been killed, they were all linked because they were a part of this big, deadly compound siege that Booth was also a part of. They, naturally, assume that Booth is the next target. They find a girl who witnessed the second murder and she describes someone matching the son of one of the people killed during the siege. They track him down, and he pulls a gun on Booth, but then he notices all the other agents, who have guns, and tries to shoot himself but Booth wrestles the gun from him and they take him in.
He just starts rambling about being 'close to God' and then they find out he has an alibi so he couldn't have killed the agents. But Sweets realizes that Pelant is referencing a bunch of papers he wrote (really? Throwing his own research back in his face? That's kind of douchey, even for a psycho serial killer..) Oh and he also calls Booth to taunt him, saying Booth 'crossed the line' for shooting him. Riiight... Because killing people and threatening others, that's totally fine. Jackass.
In the midst of all this stress, Brennan decides to make an important decision and asks Booth to marry her!!!! And he is terribly confused as to the suddenness (and why she decided to do such a dramatic gesture with a bag of beef jerky) but immediately agrees and I made a squealy noise - except for the fact that I'm incredibly worried about the whole serial-killer thing.
Can I give my dog beef jerky?
Ahh, so romantic... Although what do you give a man when a woman proposes??? Probably not a diamond ring..
Booth casually brings up the marriage thing while she and Cam and Angela are discussing the case, and when Booth tells Sweets about it, he has a hilarious reaction about 'not knowing how to react to that, but congratulations!'
Sweets also figures out that the shooter (who is not actually Pelant, he's sending a shooter around from his room full of screens where he's spying on everyone) was the child of an FBI agent who was killed during the raid. And one of them was the guy who we earlier saw that Pelant had turned himself into on a video. He was giving someone he called 'kiddo' directions for something, and now we know who - the daughter of an agent murdered was actually the girl that Booth spoke to at the second shooting! But he's already gone to meet her because she said she had more information - and no one can call Booth because the cell reception where he is has been blocked. DAMNIT PELANT!!!
Sweets was on his way there, but he too is stuck - in traffic because Pelant had hacked the traffic lights and created a traffic jam... I HATE HIM!!! The FBI gets to the girl's house and finds her computer so Angela analyses the video and figures out it's fake (Hodgins noticed a bird in the background that wouldn't have been native in the area when the father had been alive, and upon further analysis it became more obvious). She also cracks an encrypted e-mail that says 'Booth decoy target Sweets' and this was my reaction:

Link to multi-colour page
That much rage. White rage. So incredibly pissed.
HOW DARE HE GO AFTER MY DARLING SWEETS!!!!!!!! IF SOMEONE DOESN'T KILL THE BASTARD SOON, I WILL JUMP INTO MY TV AND KILL HIM MYSELF!!!! I might have actually screamed if my family wasn't sleeping.
The team is wary that this code might be a decoy, but Angela was brilliant about staying 'on the grid' because then when Pelant noticed that they had cracked his code, he hacked in himself and tried to change the message to show that Booth was the target.
Angela -  The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond - bones Photo
The rest of them may all be Dr. this and doctor-that, but I swear Angela is the most clever of all of them!!

Meanwhile, Booth found a pay phone (brilliant!) and called the lab so they tell him that the witness is the real shooter, and that Sweets is the real target, so he runs to where Sweets is (over some cars, pissing off some drivers), and Bones runs in from the other direction, and the shooter is in the middle and right before she shoots, Booth shoots her, she falls, and Sweets hops out of the car and EVERYONE IS OKAY!!!! Well, the killer is injured, but that's better off than most bad people who end up on the wrong end of Booth's gun. I was so relived! NOBODY messes with my baby!!
Land lines!! Saving the day since 1876.

Then I realize there are about 10 minutes left in the episode, so something has to go wrong.. Crap. What goes wrong is this: Booth Brennan and Christine are at the park, when Booth gets a call from Pelant. Pelant says that he has to tell Bones that he can't marry her - without giving the real reason why - or else Pelant will kill five random people, who he then points out to Booth as various strangers in the park. He says that he knows Booth will 'do the right thing' rather than have five innocent people die, because remember, he's the expert on EVERYTHING, he's read Sweets' papers.  I am rolling my eyes.Then Booth says 'I will kill you' and hangs up, and I'm silently applauding.
Later at their house, Booth sits Brennan down and says he thinks getting married is something he just can't do, that they don't need to, because what they have is enough, and she laughs because she's glad he has finally come around to her side of things, says she only made the gesture because she knew it was what he wanted, and that it's fine, but then she brushes him off and when she leaves the room she starts crying.
And I know Pelant said 'if you tell her, I will know', but SERIOUSLY?!! He couldn't think of a way to possibly slip her a message where there are no cameras?? Good greif, he's not omnipresent!! Even if it does seem that way because he's a huge asshole creeper.
So that's that. I know I hate a cliffhanger, but I really prefer one where the characters are sad to onw where they might be dead. And at least Sweets, Cam, Hodgins, Angela, and the interns are fine (speaking of whom, why no squinterns this episode?). Aaand Pelant lives to piss me off for another season. CURSE YOU PELANT!!!!!!!
Bones - Season 8 Episode 24 - Promo Video - The Secret in the Siege
I hope you go blind in the other eye, you evil bastard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment