Sunday 1 March 2015

Big Bang Theory - The Intimacy Acceleration

I'm such a bad fan, I keep forgetting when the darn show airs... Stupid evening classes.

Anyways, if you haven't seen the previous week's episode, stop reading right now and go watch it (or read my recap here) because I don't want to spoil the big thing that happened for you. Also, get tissues.

Amy is discussing that study about how people can fall in love after asking one another a series of questions, and then looking into each other's eyes for four minutes. I have to say, I read about that study and I think it's really fascinating... And now I kind of want to try it out on some unsuspecting male friend hahaha (although the eye-gazing might be a hard thing to manage). 
Not creepy at all...
Raj suggests that Sheldon try the experiment and I can see already that this is going to be interesting! I mean he's already told her that he loves her, how much more do we think HE is going to 'accelerate'?! But apparently he's doing the experiment with Penny. Well that's even more interesting!!

Now Amy and Leonard are going to do the experiment?! Why are you people messing with your pairings? This has A Midsummer Night's Dream written all over it... Good thing they decided not to.

Howard is freaking out at the airport because the airline somehow MISPLACED HIS MOTHER'S ASHES holy shit I know sitcoms always use the 'everything is going wrong' thing but holy crap that's horrible.

This is weird, I've also just recently heard of those 'escape room' puzzle challenge thingys, and now Emily's suggesting she, Raj, Leonard, and Amy go to one. They've taken plot points out of my brain. CUT THAT OUT!

OY that girl who is the host of the escape room was totally in another episode of this show!!! She was one of the 'goth girls' that Raj and Howard picked up at the bar in Season 3!!
She's the one on the left. (Not that anyone cares)
And poor Howard's bag with the ashes (that surprises me, you'd think that ashes would need to be transported via biohazard things.. or maybe not. I dunno) has apparently gotten picked up by someone else.

And Penny and Sheldon are actually kind of getting along and getting closer. This is nice! They haven't had many one-on-one bonding stories lately!
Not since this escapade, at least.
I always have felt so bad for the airline employees who get yelled at when something goes wrong - obviously it's not her fault that the bag was lost! She was in another city! It's the perfect alibi! Poor Howard has a serious guilt complex over not taking his mother to the airport. And I have a sudden urge to call my mom.

The gang at the puzzle room is solving everything too fast. So they just finish it (while the zombie guy is just kinda standing there and lurching at them). Because they're all geniuses, except for Emily. Although that did kinda look like fun.

Oh god the eye contact thing is so creepy (even though they're not supposed to talk, they are) even though Sheldon says he's comfortable around Penny and that's so sweet!!

Also it's Sheldon's birthday! Nobody has ever known when his birthday is!! That's awesome!! And he thinks of her as a sister and I'm welling up because I'm so incredibly sappy. It's been eight years! And she's still eating their food! Nothing has changed! But now they feel closer, and psychology has once again proven itself the 'doofus of the sciences'. She walked him home, that's hilarious. Aaaand the gang was waiting to yell 'surprise' haha I guess there goes their newfound closeness...

No comments:

Post a Comment