Thursday 26 March 2015

Bones - The Psychic in the Soup

BONES IS BAAAAAACK!!!!
I had no idea when they went on Christmas hiatus that they were going to be away for so long. It bummed me out a great deal. And I have classes 6:30-9:30 p.m. on Thursdays this semester, so I can't even watch it when it's actually on. Poo.
BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE THERE'S A NEW EPISODE AND I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! 
By the way, for those of you following along at home, I have amassed a large collection of (primarily Jon Stewart-related) reaction GIFs, and I intend to use them as frequently as possible. I apologize in advance. 
Except I'm not sorry at all because Jon Stewart is amazing. 

B & B's house suddenly looks WAAAY different in the establishing shots than before. Christine has an imaginary friend, and he needs his cake on a plate or else she'll get dirty. 
It's Sweets' birthday. And I'm weeping already. That was fast. 

Nothing is wrong with Aubrey. He clearly is just a walking IMDB, like me. (Filing away in my brain bank the fact that the original title for Texas Chainsaw Massacre was 'head cheese').

DUUUUUDE I have been watching a lot of Parks and Recreation on Netflix lately - shoutout to my friend who got me a subscription for Christmas! - and John Boyd (Aubrey)'s voice sounds ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE ADAM SCOTT!!!
Weird coincidence. Also: they both have great hair.
Oh my god, Sweets was only 29 when he died? That's only 8 1/2 years older than me... Also I see they've added John Boyd to the title sequence! I guess he's gonna be sticking around for a while!! (Unsurprisingly, he's eating. What a dude).

Dr. Fuentes is back, and he can't do a skull-puzzle as quickly as Christine. Maybe they should just hire her as a squintern. OK and Angela suddenly doesn't need a reconstructed skull for identification? They've sped up her process so much, pretty soon she'll have an ID before they even find the body...

And now Aubrey is reciting bible verses? Did we really need another genius with an eidetic memory on this show?! AVALON IS BAAAACK!!! Clearly the victim was a psychic. That shot of Booth holding pillows under his arms was adorable. 

Awww Aubrey's father walked out on him and his mother. And he is astonished that Avalon figured it out. He's also got a bitterness to him in regards to psychics, moreso than the usual 'ugh not this again' attitude that the scientists do. I think his mother might have spent a lot of money on psychics...

AUBREY'S SARCASM IS KILLING ME. And this Taylor dude is clearly such a fraud. He's making weird hand gestures. Hand gestures are the sign of fake psychics. 
Pay no attention to that man behind the podium,
Dr. Fuentes is hiding something!! And I recant my earlier theory about Aubrey's mom - Cam got the storyline about the family member spending money on psychics.

So far we've got psychics, familial fallings-out, fraud, and now an affair? Is this an episode of Bones, or The Mentalist? I've always found that that show had a scandal for literally every suspect...  Hodgins 'actually kind of likes' Avalon (what a lovely lukewarm sentiment!) and she's contacted Sweets and this is hurting me too much, just... Stop... Talking!! Dead Sweets is sad? DAMNIT NOW I'M SAD!!!! 

Does Aubrey even have an office? Why is he eating in the conference room? Maybe his desk isn't big enough for all that food... And Booth got the donuts. Awwwe. "It felt weird not to get them." "But it'd also be wrong not to eat them, right?" I like your logic, Aubrey. I think that shot of him taking a bite is the one they used in the credits. Aaaand now I want donuts.
Bonding and crime-solving over baked goods. That's my boys.
Refreshing!! A Christian on a TV show who isn't a giant homophobe!! Now let's hope he's not a murderer... And Fuentes was hiding his smuggling of prescription medication to Cuba for poor sick people and oh my god that's the most noble thing that a Jeffersonian employee could ever possibly be fired for. Damn, just when I was starting to like him...

A bug autopsy is a thing! Angela gives a beautiful impassionate monologue telling Hodgins that psychic powers could be a scientific thing. And she changes Hodgins' mind and he apologizes to Avalon and he loves Angela and I want to cry again.
I will be using this one a lot if they keep talking about Sweets...
Avalon is so sassy. He may not like psychics, but I think Aubrey and Avalon would make an epic team. I CALL SPINOFF IDEA!!!!

Brennan approves of the smuggling, says she would do the same thing. So there's that. 

How does someone get hit in the head with a hammer and not need to go to the hospital?! 'She was very much alive, and cursing me out' SO?!! You've never heard of a concussion?!!

AND BRENNAN SENT THE MEDS OFF TO CUBA ANYWAYS!!! STICKING IT TO THE (WO)MAN!!!! So I guess Fuentes is staying!

Apparently there's a message about Sweets' car? Wouldn't Daisy look through it for any belongings?? And how did Angela know about it being sold that day? 

Oooooh so it was the girlfriend all along. Not the one with the hammer, the other one. But she was the fourth person interviewed!! Good job Bones writers, breaking pattern to mess with our brains hahaha. But it was kinda-sorta an accident. Maybe? I don't know. But she hid the body so she's still in trouble. Her poor kids.

I absolutely love Booth playing along with Christine. He's such a good dad. I swear to god this is an entirely different house. I know they renovated hardcore, but the layout is entirely different. And Christine wants them to read her a love story - seriously, this kid is three?!!
I mean the actress is 5... They can't expect us to believe that
Sweets used to give out presents on his birthday and I'm crying again. Oh that precious boy. He finished his 'birthday gift' like 6 months early? What a coincidence. It's the book he wrote about B & B's partnership. And 'Buddy', Christine's imaginary friend, wanted them to read THAT story - HOLY SHIT HER IMAGINARY FRIEND IS SWEETS. CHRISTINE IS PSYCHIC. CHRISTINE IS COMMUNICATING WITH SWEETS. OH MY GOD.
This episode was amazing. I don't know what else to say. I miss Sweets so much, but I love Aubrey. There was some good emotion, some good banter, and I was glad to see Avalon again. I'm also glad they didn't just dismiss the Sweets thing so easily. I hope they keep mentioning him, it really bugs me on TV shows where a character dies and they just move on like 2 episodes later like nothing happened. 

And let's all sing 'da lime in da coconut' one more time, for our dear pal Sweets. Happy birthday, you beautiful perfect man. *sobs quietly*

No comments:

Post a Comment