Thursday 12 January 2012

The Bachelor Week 2

I saw about 80% of this episode when it actually aired, but I went back to the first episode first and now I'm rewatching this one...
Ok to start off, Ben's childhood pictures were utterly adorable!!! They actually looked like someone I was friends with when I was little... And you could definitely tell it was him!

They're in Ben's hometown and he decided to take Kacie B for the first date and everyone is so catty about it good grief! They get mad about everything! It's so funny that he always has to call her 'KacieBEE' because there's another Casey (S). That town, Sonoma (not sure of spelling), is so beautiful I kind of want to visit there now! And I like the way Ben was around Kacie with the piano and the candy store and the baton twirling he really seemed like he was having fun with her and she was so giggly and cute (and I love her accent)! He was so sweet and kinda sad but in a cute way when he talked about his dad... Geez I love him! And he gave her the rose (of course because their chemistry was so wonderful!)! And then they went and watched her baby videos!! First of all, where did he get those? And second of all, that's such a weird idea but they were adorable! And then they watched Ben's baby videos!! I wanted to go watch my own baby videos after that haha... But it made Kacie (and me, a little bit) tear up because she could see her dad in those videos and see him at some point in the future and talk about them, but he saw his dad and would never get to talk to him again and he cried a little bit and awwe I wanted to go hug him :'(
Meanwhile, back at the House Of Drama, they get a 12-person date card and all the girls on the card got excited... Except Blakely -.- she got all angsty because she didn't want 'to go on a date with 11 girls, I wanted to go with Ben'. GET OVER YOURSELF, WOMAN!! And one other thing that bugged me was that her job description says 'V.I.P. cocktail waitress' which I think makes her sound terribly conceited... Like, 'I don't serve cocktails to Ordinary People or even Slightly Important People, but Very Important People' Geez.
I loved that the group date was a play written by children hahaha they were adorable and the ladies seemed kind of frightened lol... I thought it was a good idea, since Ben is such a family guy and he totally got along with the kids.
The first 4 girls (Jennifer, Shawn, Jaclyn and someone blonde) were hilarious and did exactly what the kids wanted but some of them were really awkward and then they asked Blakely to jog in slow-motion in what was essentially a romper... And that was uncomfortable but it was hilarious because one of the kids said they were 'not a fan of her'
Courtney was being a bitch at the house! What the hell I missed this part when I say the episode the first time... She was going on and on about how she clearly had a connection with him and the other girls didn't, in her not-so-humble opinion... They were getting irritated! As was I! But at least they handled it well.
Back to the play, Ben shows up with some pretty epic costumes and I loved that Blakely, who was the least-covered to begin with, was a gingerbread man with only her face showing! Well chosen, children!!
I loved when Monica said that the play was awesome because the kids wrote the play and theyre 'much cooler than us' lmao! She played a dragon, which was also well-cast by those kids! For some reason Ben was turned into a sheep and baaahed repeatedly LMAO! And Jennifer messed up her one line but improvved it really well and Ben thought it was hilarious... And then, for some reason he was shirtless? Whatever, no complaints here! Although there were a bunch of kids and old people in the audience, which made it kind of awkward... But Jaclyn made me laugh so hard when she said 'thats the first time I've ever been attracted to a sheep...' She was the princess and ironically was wearing a blonde wig even though she's already blonde lol
Goddamn Blakely I saw this part when I first watched and I can't stand her! Ben said she seemed super-grouded and that everyone liked her? Ben my dear what are you smoking?? Also I hate her earrings, theyre longer than her shoulders and can't be comfortable, they look like baby mobiles!
Jaclyn and Jennifer found poor Samantha in the washroom hiding because she couldnt stand Blakely... And of course, there is no way to get a decent camera angle into the washroom stall (it was a public washroom because they were at some sort of country club/spa place) so we ended up watching Jennifer's back through a crack in the door, interchanged with cutaways of them talking and shots of their feet for about a minute and a half. Artsy.
Courtney was being bitchy some more... She goes 'How's that feel coming out of your mouth?' after Kacie read the date card, which said 'let's spin the bottle' and Erika was getting really irritated by it... I think Courtney looks kind of familiar, she might have been in Teen Vogue or Seventeen at some point? Or maybe she was in some ad campaign. That was probably it. I mean, she's pretty and everything but she's very cocky and downright rude to the other girls! And her eyes never have any emotion to them, I just noticed that, they always look like they're just staring at absolutely nothing! Also she quoted Charlie Sheen. Who does that?!
So everyone in the pool was splashing around and having fun... Except Blakely, who of course was refusing to get her hair wet! And continued going on and on about how she was definitely going to get the rose... Which just infuriated me because I knew she did get it... And she talked about how she was 'passionate and a great lover', 'because she was a Scorpio' I wanted to vomit! She's so slutty, frick of course he's gonna fall for that, he's chock-full of testosterone! I loved Jaclyn even more after that where she said 'of course its gonna work, it's a quick and easy - pun intended - way to make people like you!' LMAO I hope she stays around she's hilarious! And she observes the drama but doesn't get directly involved, I applaud that! Jennifer with Ben in the pool was so cute I think she deserved the rose, not Blakely! It's supposed to go to someone who he feels he could fall in love with, not whoever he wants to sleep with the most!! Bad choice, buddy -.- Also, Blakely, no shit the hot tub is hot... They don't call it a 'cold tub'!
He then went to pick up Courtney, and he went on about how gorgeous she was, because she was a model... And after seeing her claws come out previously, I don't want him to like her! He's starting to seem a bit shallow, which I don't like! Let's hope he turns that around soon! One thing I did notice - as romantic and picturesque as their date seemed, she was kind of awkward and rather quiet (at least she didnt insult anyone) but he seemed way different! Not at all as comfortable as he had been with Kacie! Interesting! And she got the rose, of course, but he didn't quite seem his normal, energetic self. (But when he was howling that was hilarious and I loved seeing him with his dog (: )
We return to the house, and Blakely is bragging and acting like nobody else was on the group date, and Jennifer and everyone else is looking sad! The other 4 who were left at home (I think Elyse, Lindzi, Erika and Casey S?) looked even MORE bummed out, but considering I know that none of them go home, I think he chose not to take them because he already like them enough, and wanted to get to know the other dozen a bit better. I mean, he gave Lindzi the first rose, and he took both Courtney and Kacie B on one-on-one dates, so if they're all in the same category, it's safe to say it's a good one!
When Ben took Lindzi outside and she was afraid he wouldn't remember her name lol that was so cute! But come on Lindzi, don't tell a man you drive a bigger truck than he does! I found it funny and so did he apparently lol
Samantha was being so cute and I felt bad for her because she was trying to just explain to Ben who she was, and that she was trying to stay away from all the drama, and then Blakely walks in, just for the purpose of talking to him again! She already knows she's safe, why the hell would she do that, other than for the sake of monopolizing his attention?! Even Monica has backed off of everyone else because she can tell that they all hate Blakely! I know Blakely will be around for a long time because, let's face it, the show is at least partly rigged and she creates drama and drama boosts ratings, but I wonder what is going to happen when she's gone, because right now everyone else is united against her, but if their common enemy leaves, what will happen then?
She went and cornered him again after he was with Erika and everyone was questioning whether she had any morals... Which confused me because you couldnt even hear what she was saying, all I could hear was Ben saying 'yea' and 'ok' a few times, and he laughed and went off in another direction... She was holding onto him though and kind of posing... Maybe they thought she was trying to seduce him? Hmmm... And Courtney says, completely monotone 'It's like a war out there', not like she was trying to start one earlier!
Ok and next came the conversation which was clearly the reason Jenna got sent home... She went on about how she's 'not good at being a girl'... How is he supposed to react to that?? The other girls thought she started to cry because of Blakely, but it was because of herself! Jaclyn kind of pulled a Blakely at this point and interrupted their conversation, but honestly I think she prevented a train wreck... And I really love Jaclyn's dress, that green sparkly one? It was really pretty!
Blakely figured out the other girls were talking about her... No surprise there after how she was behaving, acting like she was the only important one, of course everyone else will be talking about her too!
They also all made a point about how Blakely is not the type of person you would take home to your parents and that's a valid point, any other one of the girls there is more down-to-earth and real (with the possible exception of Courtney) and likeable in terms of having a conversation and the distant potential of marriage. Blakely's really not - and in that sense I do feel pity for her because it would have to hurt if she's the type that guys would want to use for one night and then discard, but at the same time, she was emphasizing that aspect of herself by making out with him in the pool and wearing revealing clothing.
Jamie made me laugh again when she was telling Ben about all the drama and going 'I don't want to like steal you, and there's just so much going on, I don't really know, it's just really awkward...' at least she clued him in because up to that point he had no idea!
Ben then went to talk to Brittney about the drama... Which to me seemed like a very random choice because she was not involved in any of it haha but maybe that's why he chose her, because she was more of an observer she knew what was going on with everything!
He found Blakely crying and said that he knew why she didn't get along with the other girls... Why is that exactly? Enlighten us!!
Then he found Jenna crying and didn't seem to understand why she was crying... To be honest I didn't either, she was partly disappointed in herself, I think. Monica seemed thrilled when Jenna left. No love lost between those two, for sure!
Blah blah, not much else, rose ceremony, blah, Shawn and Jenna are eliminated, the end.
I honestly am judging myself a little bit for looking forward to next week's episode -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment