Monday 9 January 2012

SNL January 7th (Charles Barkley/Kelly Clarkson)

Ok first of all I know nothing about Charles Barkley... Other than that he's a basketball player, has a gambling problem, and Keenan Thompson always impersonated him. Let's see how this goes...
Last week's Jimmy Fallon and Michael Buble episode will be hard to top!!
I can only watch Saturday Night Live on Global.ca so not all of the sketches are posted there (thanks for being an IP Nazi, NBC.com!!!!)  Also while watching this I kept seeing an advertisement with Rick Campanelli and the girl from Entertainment Tonight Canada for a new lottery based on Rock, Paper, Scissors... Only the OLG would come up with such a thing, apparently the regular lottery is too boring -.-

I loved the cold open. Mostly because it was Andy Samberg as Rick Santorum. Let's be honest, I love him. I own Hot Rod on DVD, and have The Lonely Island on my mp3 player. I don't know really anything about American election processes, but it was mostly about travelling around to dangerous parts of the country... and maybe accidentally crossing the border into Quebec or Mexico haha. So most of the jokes, I understood.
The monologue wasn't terribly funny... Lots of NBA references, food jokes and the guy has a weird voice... The only part I enjoyed was when he said 'people say 'isn't Weight Watchers for ladies?' and to them I say 'Shut up, Michael Jordan!' That made me LOL.
Smoking addiction medicine 'fauxmercial' with Kristen Stewart trying to kill Bill Hader? Never seen jazz hands as a side effect... Yea ok that one was weird.
Ok and now we have Keenan Thompson as Charles Barkley and Charles Barkley as Shaquille O'Neil, and Jay Pharoah as some other dude... I'm already confused. But at least they're not saying much about actual basketball haha I don't understand sports! There was a bonnet (or 'baby hat') involved... And Bill Hader as some cranky old guy. But it kinda makes sense that the basketball players don't want to talk about basketball. So they're just competing with stupid things, and making fun of each other. Lol.
The next segment is called 'white people problems'... As a white person I'm very interested to see what they think of my problems haha.. 'She was all 'Was this chicken cooped up with other chickens or was it free to come and go as it pleased?' Then I stopped listening' LMAO 'For those of you at home, 'awkward' is a word white people use to describe every situation..' I feel so white watching this! But it's funny... AND I'M ALLOWED TO LAUGH BECAUSE I'M WHITE!!!
This next segment is one of the ones where SNL goes too far on one awkward joke... Charles Barkley, as a woman, tells his friends that 'she' is a lesbian... And her friends have to face the wall so that she and her fiance can have a private conversation... It wasn't that funny except for the rediculousness of them facing the wall. And Paul the SNL featured guy whose last name I can't remember is SO TINY!
The Charles Barkley translator app was funny because I have always thought that those post-game interviews are monotone and full of jibberish and chiches... and yet my dad always wants to watch them...
WEEKEND UPDATE!! Let's see what my boy Seth Meyers has to say this week :) I wish he was in more sketches, but I love him so I will settle for seeing him here! More election jokes... Walmart! Apparently some guy got arrested after he tried to pay for a vacuum and a microwave with a fake one-million dollar bill. Ok that joke writes itself! Michelle Bachmann... God I can't stand this character I hope the real lady isn't that obnoxious but at least she will never be president. And hey! Seth I love you, but Canadians are not beer-swilling hicks!! The Fred Armisen newspaper guy makes no sense but he's funny although I'm not sure why :P Ok as I am watching him, I think I might talk like that sometimes -.- LMAO a guy stabbed someone else because the other guy didnt know Beyonce and Jay-Z were married... Guy has issues! Epic Star Wars joke in there, aaaaaand... YES DRUNK UNCLE!! He has 2007 glasses lol I dont even know where they even got those 5 years later. 'Twitter me! twitter me! twitter me!' This guy's rediculous! I love how Seth acts like he has no idea what the guests are gonna do hahaha
Oh man not this guy... The Lord Wyndemere character is so pretentious and irritating!! I should go to the bathroom while this is on... Geez Paul whatshisname is so tiny and adorable but I hope they retire that character.
I can tell this 'adult film awards ceremony' is gonna be creepy. I feel a little violated watching that... And even more so because all those people are supposed to be dead... Where's Ass Dan?
HAHAHA I love the digital short 'Convoluted Jerry' that was hilarious!!! And not just because of Andy Samberg!
Hey now they're gonna explain the Mayan calendar to us! Apparently we owe the one dude a new loinclot cos we missed his birthday... And it's literally SET in STONE, so there will be no changes. The world is gonna end in 2012 because they ran out of space hahaha but I have seriously never understood that calendar.
Ok that's it for this week... And I have no idea who's on next week, this one was pretty good but it's not Fallon & Buble!!

No comments:

Post a Comment