Thursday 25 September 2014

Bones - The Conspiracy in the Corpse

Bones being back makes me really excited because I have been watching Season 7 on DVD the last couple of days and it's really interesting to compare Booth and Bones when they first got together as a couple to the Booth and Bones that are now been married and have an almost-three-year-old.

Plus, it's one of those shows where the cast members really feel like a family and they all just make me so happy - except for the conspiracy bullshit that happened in the Season 9 finale and has left Booth arrested and him and Bones with a shot-up house.

Booth now comes with a beard and looks a lot older all of a sudden. Maybe that's just the harsh prison lighting. He also gets beat up a couple times. I'm still dumbstruck that the circumstances under which he's been imprisoned don't seem incredibly stupid to anyone else.

Sneaky squints are being sneaky and 'keeping things on the down-low'.... Not that anyone in the FBI will wonder what they're up to, in PLAIN SIGHT in the MIDDLE OF THE LAB.

Bones has a tense visit with Booth, and the security guard at the jail has been watching too much Arrested Development
Apparently the only way to get Booth out of jail is for Bones to walk into the office of a federal prosecutor and tell him 'Oh hi, I'm here to blackmail you.'....And it worked.

She also illustrates the crucial difference between being ordered not to do something, and promising not to do something.

I need to applaud the set designers on this show... Not only is the lab and attached offices utterly stunning, but THEIR NEW HOUSE OH MY GOD it looks like one of those places on Cribs or something.

Booth can't go back to work yet because he's a 'pariah' at the FBI office. Excellent use of the word. And I love that this show (like House) is one that would freak out Peter Griffin every five minutes, because they say the title almost constantly. Both as a nickname and as a noun. I'd wager it's one of the most-said words on the show.
He said it! And again! And there too!
'Insinuating' is also a good vocabulary word. But apparently people who are friends with Booth's boss should not be intimidated. Shouldn't they do a better job of figuring out who's sketchy and who's not before they hire/befriend them? But Booth is being followed by a handsome agent guy who Booth manages to outsmart. Apparently his name is SA James Aubry. And don't just take my word for it - one of the writers thinks he's a looker too.

Booth hasn't called Sweets a 'kid' in a while so he needs to call Aubry one now. I think Sweets would call that 'transference'. I hope they keep this one around for a while... Not like all the other random agents who are there for like four episodes then vanish, never to be seen/heard from again.

Like what happened to her?!!
Or her?? Although it's plausible she got fired after shooting Sweets... Poor kid, TWO 'accidental' bullet wounds.


Or... OK he wasn't an FBI agent but can you blame me for wanting more of him??!!
WHAT THE HELL SURPRISE DAISY AND PREGNANT DAISY NO LESS!!!!! Baby Sweets is gonna have a baby!!! This makes me very happy but slightly less happy because Daisy.

"It hurts when I breathe" I think Booth is channeling his inner Shania Twain. And then he and Bones start undressing and making out on their bed which is in front of a GIANT wall of windows. Not that they have neighbours or anything...

According to Twitter, TJ Thyne (Hodgins) and Tamara Taylor (Cam) laugh the most on set. I don't know why, but the idea of them giggling like idiots in the middle of shooting just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love these people!

Bones says Sweets is going to be a good father. I concur. Remember how cute he was in Season 8 with Christine?? I couldn't find photographic evidence of that - but you know it to be true!

Suddenly, in the words of one of the writers, 'everyone's being blackmailed!' (Sounds like an episode of The Mentalist, amiright?)

(Commercial break) friendly reminder that I love Elementary... But it's not back until October 30th. Poo.
Sad Sherlock is all of us.

I gotta say, this show is going to be so helpful when I take Human Anatomy next semester. Things like 'spinal processes' are going to come in handy. Also Christine looks way older than she should. Children don't age at a normal pace in the TV universe.

Surprise Aubrey! Apparently he answers to 'James, Jimmy... Anything'. Does 'Handsome' fall into that category? And after seeing the adorable sleeping Christine, he wants to get himself a child... DOES EVERYONE ON THIS SHOW JUST MAKE BABIES IN THEIR SPARE TIME??

Don't just take my word for it...
Oh for shit's sake, more conspiracy bullshit, taking the remains that were the last clue they had. But Cam is brilliant! And swapped out the bones!! She thinks of everything!

And then the whole world just went to shit and I want to tweet the writers saying I hate them, but I tried that and one of them (another Emily, no less) favourited my tweet but no. Just no. I don't even have any words. Fuck this show. Not my baby, not precious baby Sweets. I get it, they bring in a young, dark-haired cute agent just to replace him, right? Like 'here's your new Sweets' NO TAKE HIM BACK FORGET WHAT I SAID EARLIER!

Is this how things work in the Bones universe? Someone has to die whenever someone has a baby? So the baby can have a namesake? Karmic balance or something? Bones' daughter was named after her mother, who, granted, died years before but it's still sad. Then we have Angela & Hodgins' son named partly after Vincent - which reminds me, I STILL HAVEN'T FORGIVEN YOU GUYS FOR KILLING VINCENT!!! And now baby Lance? Why must they kill all of my favourites? First Zach goes psycho, then Vincent, now this, and they already gave Wendell cancer!! Isn't that enough??

Swear to god, this is the most empathy I've ever felt for Daisy.
And then when Brennan said "This isn't Sweets. It's a set of remains that will help us find the man who killed Sweets." I just lost it. Let me put it this way - I read the entirety of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (for the first time) today, and this hurt me more. Not okay. NOT FREAKING OKAY.

Apparently John Francis Daley wanted to pursue his writing, so they killed him. I'm getting flashbacks of Kal Penn on House.  We have a fatherless baby so you can get a sequel to Horrible Bosses. You're welcome.
It hurt me to look through all the pictures of him just to choose one. So here are a bunch.

Remember the goatee?
*Sobs*
At risk of sounding like Daisy - goodnight, sweet Lancelot.
This turned into a much longer and much more screamy post than I intended. Sometimes emotions get the better of you. I can just go back to watching Season 7 - EXCEPT THAT'LL MAKE ME CRY NOW. Good grief.
Screw it, I'm gonna go watch Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment