Monday 29 September 2014

Big Bang Theory - The First Pitch Insufficiency

Disclaimer: today I realized that I'm a bad fan because even though I own three Big Bang Theory-related T-shirts (and a Snuggie!) I let the season premiere pass me by without wearing any of them. I didn't wear my CSI shirt for their premiere last night, either. But tonight, order is restored, I'm wearing my 'Knock Knock Knock Penny!' shirt, and I'm ready to roll.

Also, we should send virtual fives to my Physiology prof, because he let the class go a half-hour early today, and therefore this blog didn't have to wait until tomorrow to be posted, because that class is gonna conflict with BBT until they switch back to Thursdays. Yaaaay.

In a weird coincidence, my roommates and I went to a Toronto Blue Jays game yesterday (they lost, but oh well), and now there's a baseball-themed BBT episode tonight. Just at the end of baseball season. Weird timing, guys. This really should have aired in the spring, but anyway... In a shocking turn of events, Howard has no athletic ability whatsoever.

Sheldon doesn't understand the difference between two dates and a 'double date'. And here's another freaky parallel between Bernadette and I, she used to play softball as a kid. I played for nine years. Only sport I'm even remotely fond of playing/remotely good at.

This was year three of nine. Look at those bangs!!
I don't buy this - apparently after nearly seven years, Penny doesn't know Sheldon's catchphrase. Granted, he didn't say it in season 1 (or maybe season 2? Can someone confirm this?) but she now thinks it's 'bazooka' for some reason. I call bullshit.

In Sheldon's mind, the ranking of the relationships in the group are:
1 - Him and Amy
2 - Howard and Bernadette
3 - Raj and whoever he's dating
4 - Penny and chardonnay (Amy points out that Penny actually drinks sauvignon blanc)
5 - Penny and Leonard.
Ouch.
They do make a cute couple. And that doesn't look like an anything-blanc to me.
I didn't know it was possible to be allergic to avocado. Apparently Amy is. And Sheldon has invented a scale on which to rate french fries. And there's an inventory to quantify the quality of relationships, which, naturally causes tension between Leonard and Penny.

When did Penny start wearing black-leather jackets?? And her hair is so flat that it looks like it's wet and sticking to her head. Emily no likey.

Also, astronaut guy is missing the key fact that it's HARDER to throw things in zero gravity. Yaaaay physics.

OK regarding the baseball game they all go to:
1 - The person throwing the first pitch doesn't get to make a speech first.
2 - The LA Angels (of Anaheim) are in a city nearly an hour outside of LA (longer with the LA traffic). That's like putting the New York Yankees in New Brunswick, New Jersey. 
3 - Proud Toronto fan braggy-moment - Angels Stadium hasn't got shit on the Skydome.

Does YOUR stadium have a majestic opening/closing roof and a view of the CN Tower?? DOES IT??
Howard is an idiot and didn't think this through. 
Aaaaand my supposedly-superior digital cable just cut out. Shit. I'm just gonna assume he keeps getting booed. Back after commercial break and he's still getting booed. Yaaaay predictable plot lines.
That's all for tonight! Who's your favourite BBT couple? Mine is still Penny and that wine.
I'll be back later tonight posting about the season premiere of NCIS: Los Angeles. Stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment