Saturday 25 October 2014

SNL - Jim Carrey

Jim Carrey is one of my favourite funny people. He's Canadian, which is awesome of course, and he cracks me up so much, what with the voices and the faces and the improvisation. Full disclosure -  because he's on the show promoting the new Dumb and Dumber sequel, I decided to watch the original one today (I'd never seen it before).

...What the hell is he wearing??? A red jumpsuit and devil horns... Singing. Bobby's face is creepy. Apparently he's 'Helvis' hahaha I'm so confused.
That's quite the getup, dude.
 The first fauxmercial took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't an actual commercial - Jim does a surprisingly incredible impression of Matthew McConaughey. They parodied that car commercial he does. Although I don't get why he does. And neither does Matthew/Jim, apparently.
 
Also I wanna wish congrats to Leslie Jones, who's officially a new cast member!! Yaay!! This is clearly along the lines of that family reunion sketch that Christopher Walken did back in the day. HE DID 'ALLLLRIGHTY THEN!!!' And Keenan does an AMAZING impression of him - Kyle's isn't bad, either! Vanessa and Beck have the Ace Ventura hair and it's pretty awesome. And THEN JEFF DANIELS SHOWS UP!! And asks him if he 'wants to hear the most annoying sound in the world' which made me laugh so hard because a) I'd just seen the movie today and b) apparently Jim improvised that line in the movie, and knowing that, Jeff's reaction face was hilarious.

It's the real Harry, playing a guy named Lloyd, talking to the real Lloyd. I'm so confused.
Lincoln commercial Part 2 - his kids in the backseat tell him he's only driving 5 miles an hour, and he asks whose kids they are.
I definitely thought the next sketch was going to be one of those 'Merryville Brothers' sketches - the music was the exact same! But I guess they didn't have Bill anymore, so it wouldn't be right. Anyway, it was still pretty funny - all these creepy figures in a cemetery where Sasheer and Pete are hanging out, and two of them are just random dead guys named 'Paul and Phil' (Jim and Taran) and they just keep singing their own names instead of the creepy song, so all the other things get mad at them. Especially Keenan - as a tree.
Paul and Phil! He wants none of your crap, guys.

 Once again, they fooled me with the commercial thinking it was a real one - until Keenan as the Allstate Insurance guy started talking. And then Jim/Matthew drove out of his driveway and ran him over. Whoops. *Lincoln* 

Iggy Azalea...MUTE MUTE MUTE MUTE. Can't stand her. Incredible that they've had 4 episodes and already managed to put on the two musicians that I hate the most right now. If they have Miley or Beiber by Christmas, I'm done.

UPDATE TIME!!! This just in: Ebola is silly, everyone freaks out over it. And Colin is a homebody just like me (teehee). Vanessa is brought on as their new 'romantic comedy expert' and she manages to enact a stereotypical meet-cute rom-com in like 2 minutes with Michael (70 seconds, according to him).
[Side note - is romantic comedy expert a real job? Because I would totally do that. I would be amazing at that job.] Colin's laughing at his own jokes this week and I'm loving it.

DRUNK UNCLE!!! YAAAAY!!!! But I'm so sad he isn't interacting with Colin - NOBODY EVER INTERACTS WITH COLIN!! Nevermind, he's now interacting with Colin, and apparently he likes him better. "More like 'whoreoween'" for once I agree with him a little bit... And he would like to apologize for not being 'a graveyard smash' - with a spot-on voice. And Colin prevents him from being racist. Well done, Colin.
Yeah, little bit.
The next sketch is a 'Secret Billionaire' show where Cecily has to figure out which of 4 guys is actually rich. And Jim is an old guy and it's hilarious. But a little creepy. He's a secret member of the Illuminati (oops).

DAMMIT these fauxmercials are TOO CONVINCING, I keep stopping paying attention. Taran is leading a team of people to check out a haunted house. And Leslie is just like 'nope, there's no such thing as ghosts' and then she's the first one to take off. Aaaand lock herself in the car. To be honest, that'd totally be me in that situation. All the scoffing when it's safe, then as soon as there's a noise, I bust out my not-at-all intimidating karate moves and scream.

I missed the beginning of the next sketch (I was making popcorn, sorry...) but it's a kinda Walking Dead thing where Jim's son Pete is a zombie but he keeps trying to convince the other people that he's not actually - and keeps hitting him with things - I think Pete is gonna start laughing. And then he bites Jim (who else saw that coming?) and he kinda sounds like Scooby Doo when he says 'Brains?'
Pete's dreams are coming true right now. (That bat was totally foam)

The next bit is a costume party where Kate is dressed as the girl from the Sia 'Chandelier' video - and so is Jim - and then they just dance around the whole studio!! Including with Iggy haha and Lorne! Lorne who starts laughing and looks like he doesn't know what to do. Jim is so tall and gangly and I definitely didn't need to see him in a leotard....

Ooh guess what! Commercial for Dumb and Dumber To!! I can't wait, it looks so funny... And how did Jim get the rights to wear a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey when introducing Iggy for the second time?? (MUTE MUTE MUTE). I mean I hate the Leafs (Go Habs Go!) but I like that a red-blooded Canadian represented our national sport - and our national laughingstock at said sport - on an American show.

Cecily and Vanessa playing what they do best - gum-chomping ditzes advertising things. And Jim's the Halloween Store owner who was possessed by a demon. That was relatively short and pointless. But the bumper card right after was him leading a llama through a lobby. And that was pretty awesome. (I'll post it here once they throw them up on their FB page in the next few days.)

LLAMA!!! Reminds me of the MB20 video for 'Real World' where Rob is leading a camel through a bowling alley.
All in all, this was a hilarious episode. I love Jim, and the sketches were better than normal! Happy Halloween everyone, I'll see you next week for Chris Rock and Prince! :)
Happy Halloween!! I can't tell which is the real Jim...

No comments:

Post a Comment