Sunday 2 November 2014

Big Bang Theory - The Misinterpretation Agitation

[This episode aired October 30th, 2014] Sorry for being late.

Amy totally has a point about the '50 sexiest female scientists' article... I mean really? Is that necessary? I hate to go all feminist on this, but come on, Bernadette is a GENIUS, how has that never landed her in a magazine before? Or Amy for that matter! Anyway...

Sheldon loves delivery people. And I knew as soon as he said who he was that this doctor-guy was there to see Penny. Also, are we really supposed to buy that Penny, in her tiny apartment, wasn't able to answer her door in the time it took Sheldon to tell Leonard in his roundabout way that the guy was there?? That was a run-on sentence, but I'm tired. She always appears to be standing right behind it whenever Sheldon knocks! And then they had that lengthy conversation with him in the hallway!!

OK I'm coming to realize it's possible she was not home... Or asleep. Or in the shower. Or something.

Bernadette mentioned Neil Degrasse-Tyson, so now I get to use this picture:
Teehee.

Oh god, Bernadette pulled they 'you're just jealous' card, so Amy got mad.. Crap. Low blow, Bernie. Friends don't mock friends' lack of sex lives.

I'm pretty sure the sweater Penny is wearing is from Old Navy - I don't even work there anymore, but I still have the majority of their stock memorized. I need to stop shopping online. You don't want to see my credit card statements. And of course Sheldon likes this doctor guy!! And here's his problem: HE COUNTED MISSISSIPILY!!! YOU NEVER COUNT MISSISSIPILY!!!

Ross learned that the hard way.

I'm really not impressed with the ladies this episode - Penny with the whole deceitful pretending-she's-single thing, Bernadette being mean to Amy... Although the Penny thing did lead to this delightful exchange (probably my favourite part of the episode):


 
 
 
Say what you will about him, Sheldon is a very gracious host.
I only just now realized that the doctor guy is Billy Bob Thornton. My IMDb-brain is slipping!! Maybe because he's missing the beard. I'm gonna go with that. Howard is ever the hypocrite, judging a guy for living with his mother. And Sheldon compares Leonard to Donkey Kong - one of his more original zingers.

How does Billy Bob (hey, he has the same initials as the show! It's meant to be!) manage to keep catching friends of Penny's when he goes to their apartment building?? His timing is remarkable. And OH DEAR GOD he took advice on women from Sheldon of all people. And I'm thinking he's a little bit like a serial killer now, what with locking the guys in his basement. Either that or I've been watching too much Criminal Minds lately... Hmm...
Oops. (I did not make this.)
Bernadette also has incredible timing! And there was a REALLY subtle Halloween reference - that random skeleton decoration in the lobby of the apartment building. Really? Given that this is Sheldon's favourite holiday, I'm sure he would have at least been wearing a costume. I'm very disappointed.

Well that's all for this week - hopefully next week I'll have the BBT blog up by Friday. But TV scheduling sucks. As does school. Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment