Tuesday 25 November 2014

Saturday Night Live - Cameron Diaz

I'm really sleepy, so this is going to be breif (sorry it's so late, but I went home for the weekend and had no free time to watch it since!)

Poor Kyle playing a little kid again.. Talking to Keenan as the bill from the that little song. Then Obama shows up and brings in Bobby the executive order, pushing Keenan down the many steps. This sketch is kinda starting to sound like it was written by FOX News... Wonder what Jon Stewart would have to say about this?
"I'm an executive order and I pretty much just happen"
I never noticed before - but on the opening credits, Colin is hanging out with firefighters... Why? Is that a thing that New Yorkers do? Seems kinda random, like in the old credits where Keenan was standing on the Brooklyn Bridge high-fiving random passers-by.

What movie exactly is Cameron promoting? Ohh Annie apparently, I didn't know she was in that movie.

I've heard so much about this 'back home baller' sketch with all the ladies rapping and it's pretty funny.. We already had Canadian Thanksgiving, and I can confirm that the pampering happens (haha just kidding, I get questioned about why I need to do laundry).

The next sketch is a parody of the new Annie movie where Jamie Foxx (Jay) keeps saying his real name when introducing himself, and there's 'Black Annie' (Leslie) who's actually 43, and a 'white Annie' (Vanessa). And she doesn't like it when they sing - then it ends with Keenan coming out and singing 'Black Annie' (basically this song with the name switched)
Fauxmercial for something that's basically a Keurig for hatching eggs. But the lady showing her friends has no idea how it works. And Keenan killed one!! Boooo...

The next bit is a low-budget 'creative' school play that totally just reminds me of the episode 'Stuff' from How I Met Your Mother:
You know, the one with Lily's play? And 'consumerism'?
And Barney's play? Which was actually funnier than Lily's play?
And Marshall never gets picked for audience participation?


Updaaaate... And Angela Merkel is back! And got a laugh out of Colin!! And then comes really close to kissing him and he laughs AGAIN!! More of her please!!!
And Charles Manson and his fiancee... (Taran and Cecily) and Taran does a good crazy dude. Apparently he told her she was in jail for income tax evasion (and she doesn't have access to the internet to verify this) - and then THEY actually start making out on the desk.

Oh god, they're back to that guy with the baby's body... and we're at his house now! I'm  totally confused as to why they continue with this sketch, it's so awkward... And I don't really like Beck Bennet all that much, I'm surprised they kept him in the cast over some of the people they let go from last year. Although he does do a pretty convincing baby-body performance. Cameron's his wife, and Keenan works for him and is bringing his wife (Sasheer) over to the boss' house for dinner. And Cameron's pregnant. Sasheer looked like she was close to cracking which reminds me, I don't think she has yet... And he keeps eating a lemon.

Now Keenan is doing an 'animal hour' show with a monkey who apparently ripped his you-know-whats off. And I'm just reminded that I miss this Tracey Morgan sketch:
THAT'S CRAZY!!
The monkey actually looks kinda terrified. And Keenan just keeps going on and on about the last episode. Cameron gets to hang out with a lemur on her shoulder! I'm jealous!

AWW YES! Kyle's re-recorded bit with his character Chris Fitzpatrick is back. I love this dude. He's trying to fight some preppy dude (Beck) and then after neither of them hit each other, Kyle freaks out cos he can't breathe since he has heart problems and then it gets broken up by a teacher (Cameron) and they both cry.

Pete makes his first appearance this episode, as a student in the class taught by Vanessa's weird awkward hippy poet-teacher lady. Keenan's character (after making hilarious faces in the back of the class) has a poem about Friends that was pretty hilarious. And Phoebe is his favourite.
But come on, isn't she everyone's favourite?
Cameron is her friend that has an overly-sexual poem about the UPS man which Pete is loving and causes Keenan to make another hilarious face.

Cecily and Cameron and Kate are in a commercial for some kind of phone sex line and they're asking for weird things like 'meeting me in a dark parking lot and hiding a package for me until things with the police die down'. Not a bad sketch, although it was a little longer than necessary.

I really did like the majority of the material this week! Although I was a little surprised there were so many pre-recorded sketches (does 3 seem like a lot to anyone else?) Cameron was great, as usual. Update was hilarious. Time for bed, see you in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment