Tuesday 20 March 2012

NCIS: LA - 'The Dragon and the Fairy'

Whoever wrote this episode deserves an Emmy. Or a Golden Globe. Hell, they deserve ALL the awards for the opening basketball scene alone! XD
This case is kind of sad though - I hate hearing about corrupt governments, immigrant workers being taken advantage of - it's really tragic :(
The victim gets taken to hospital and his boss/lawyer (not sure) lady shows up and acts as translator for him but he doesn't know anything, including any English.
Deeks and Kensi go to visit the Vietnamese consulate where the victim was shot, and just as they're driving down the street a car directly in front of the consulate explodes - surprising me lol I definitely saw it coming based on the camera angle as they were coming down the street, but I still jumped!
The boss lady turns out to be the owner of a sweat shop, and the shooting victim's back to work already! Suspicious! Also, Sam is so not convincing as a lost tourist hahaha
The guy who they get to use as a translator, the one whose name was on a slip of paper in the vitims pocket, he seemed 'off'? I'm not sure how... Not really distracted or like he was hiding something... But I guess Sam's better at reading people than I am lol - or the guy just didn't act very well.
I'm expecting some sort of secret message to be sewn into Sam's new shirt haha - desperate people can be sneaky!
And I don't know why Vietnamese people speak French... But whatever. At least she can understand Kensi!
LMAO I love Deeks! He brings Monty back, uses him to apprehend a suspect, this is the funniest episode ever!! 'Elmo rocks' indeed.
Who is this Joe Sachs guy?? The writer, I mean. I want to high-five him. (Thank you IMDb for that information) Apparently he wrote a past episode as well- and a future one! Can't wait!
OMG then the bad guys set fire to their huge (secret, second) garment factory - which doesn't make sense, cos only one of the workers talked to police, even if they didn't believe him, they coulda just killed him, not everyone - why torch your meal ticket? And all the equipment... I guess they weren't taking any chances. And the doors were locked, with bars on the window, my mom was on the verge of tears seeing that, it was utterly disturbing that people would do something like that. But Sam drove the giant SUV (luckily they were driving that instead of their little sports car lol) right through the door and freed everyone!
And then it turns out that the lady who owned the sweatshop, it was her husband who had built the carbomb adn whatnot, so they go and try to find him, get shot at by a bunch of evil dudes, and tear up the giant house with their weapons - I noticed a harp just randomly chilling in the living room, that's how rich these people are! hahah but the wife is dead and they shoot the husband climbing down a rope ladder, from which he dangles (as my mom put it, rather 'ungracefully') after getting his foot caught.
THEN it turns out that the shooting vic is the housekeeper's son, and she, in turn, is the daughter of the soldier translator guy! I went 'OMG' and my dad made fun of me for not having seen that coming -.-
So at least they can stay in the States, because technically, they're both part American!
Aaaand Hetty is a super-professional referee of their basketball game and Eric has plastic goggles cos he sucks like the big adorable nerd he is :P
I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment