Monday 16 April 2012

Glee - 'Big Brother'

After (oh my god how many weeks was that? Five? Six?) TOO LONG, Glee is finally back!!
And Quinn is NOT dead - she's just in a wheelchair. For how long? Nobody knows. But shes insisting that she will dance at Nationals - a statement which made my mother and me snort because of its delusion and melodrama... But it's good to see her looking TOTALLY FINE AND NOT BANGED-UP AT ALL. Good greif, I know everyone on this show wears too much makeup, but c'mon! She was in a car accident for Pete's sake! She should at least have some kind of bruise or scrape...
Anyway, I loved when she and Artie (ironically) did Elton John's 'I'm still Standing'. And there was a funny story about that - until the day before this episode aired, I had never heard that song before in my life. The day before, the music video had been on Video On Trial (another epic show I watch - Canadian, too!) and it was introduced as 'One of the best-ever Elton John songs... With one of the worst-ever Elton John videos.' (You should go watch it, it's rediculously hilarious. And one of the dancers is now a judge on Dancing With the Stars. Also, keep in mind this video was made when people still thought Elton John was straight. Not sure how they believed that after that video, but I digress. Go watch it.) My mother insists that I must have heard that song at some point in my life previously - but unless I was under the age of 5, I would have remembered. I have a mind like a steel trap when it comes to remembering music. My family calls me a walking iTunes.
I loved Blaine's brother. He was hilarious, and brought one of the best-ever recurring jokes on this show ('If you want to be taken seriously, point.') He also looked a lot like Cheyenne Jackson, the guy who played the new Vocal Adrenaline coach - and was also on 30 Rock - and for some reason always plays a Canadian, even though he's American... Blaine and his brother totally ROCKED that mashup of 'Hungry Like the Wolves' & 'Rio' I love Duran Duran! :)
I also loved his performance of 'Fighter' it was really awesome how angry he was - I love when people punch-dance!!
I thought it was so cute how Artie and Quinn are together, especially when he told her 'you can do it. I believe in you' when she was scared of the wheelchair ramp - made me tear up a little! Except I felt so bad for him, because he was being so nice to her, since he's the only one who knows what she's going through, and she's all 'I don't need your help, I AM going to walk again.' Plus, even if she does get better, he's going to feel even worse, cos she has that chance of recovery and he never will.
Another heart-breaking story about this episode - Sue discovers that her baby is a girl, like she hoped, but it will have Down's Syndrome :( That's so sad that she always has to look people with disabilities, but it's such a kind, loving side to her, especially with the scene at the end when she hugs Becky and says 'she's gonna be just like you'.
I actually liked the rendition of 'Somebody I Used to Know' which is funny, cos normally that song makes me cringe  and here's why - the video is really weird and creeps me out, cos they're all covered in paint.. It's hard to describe go atch that one too. But anyway, every time I hear the song I picture the video and all its creepiness. But Blaine's version was different enough that I didn't really mind it lol and it is a good song!
Jesus-man (I can never remember his name!) was really nice talking to Quinn, even though she kinda shut him down at first - and is he now in New Directions? That'd be awesome!
We ended on a good note (for me, at least) Finn developed a backbone! And he told Rachel to shove it, cos she keeps trying to run 'their' life according to what she wants, and isn't even considering his happiness, but why would she - she's all he needs to be happy, of course! I hope they break up -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment