Friday 6 April 2012

Bones - WHAT EPISODE TITLE? BONES HAD HER BABY!!!

Yea I'm posting this super-late but even tho I watched it on the day it actually aired, I was too lazy to run upstairs and blog on EVERY commercial break. So sue me :P
Hmm the case in itself wasn't of much note, except for the fact that Bones in the prison was funny - a giant brawl breakes out and she walks through unscathed, proving her point that they won't touch her cos she pregnant, and hurting a child is against the prisoners' internal 'code of ethics'. I was actually surprised at that point that Booth managed to get his way thru without being hit in the face or something - aren't law enforcement people really low on the list of people to protect in prison? - but he did struggle a bit, nobody leapt out of his way like they did for Bones.
I have to admit, when something about a cookbook was mentioned, I did for a while think the prison guard was the killer, because he bragged about bakign some cookies earlier in the episode. But nope, it was a prisoner - the same prisoner who had prevented the victim from getting beaten up on his first week. But here's what I didn't get - the victim was a Ponzi scheme artist, a white-collar criminal, so why was he in prison with all these gang members and violent criminals?? I guess that made for a more interesting episode...
ANYWAY on to the big news of the night - the addition of the newest character!! Little Christine Angela!! (I really began tearing up when they said Angela was her middle name and other Angela looked so happily tearful - then for some reason I couldn't stop).
I have to admit, that as an avid reader of the Kathy Reich's books (the series upon which Bones is allegedly based), I was hoping they would call the baby Katy (Temperence's adult daughter in the books), but then I was thinking that there was very little left at this point which the TV show had in common with the books, so I shrugged and continued sniffling - besides, this name is more meaningful, after Bones' dead mother, and her alive best friend :)
In all honesty, I knew from the moment that Bones started telling Booth how the manger scene from the Bible was fictional (and when I saw the promos in which the snooty B&B man tells them they can't stay here - and Bones threatens to squat on the lawn) that she was going to give birth in some kind of barn after being turned away from the inn (and seriously, was that at all sanitary? Why didn't they even try to call some kind of ambulance or doctor to come and supervise??). Also - the baby she 'gave birth' to was way too old to be a newborn, its eyes were fully open lol and for a breif moment I wondered if that was actor Emily Deschanel's real-life son...
But all in all, it was a very moving episode, made me and several of the characters cry (side note: when did they get around to fixing up their house? You'd think there would have been an episode where they moved in..), made me laugh a ton, about Sweets desperately wanting to be friends with Booth 'No soccer.' 'Oh c'mon, don't say that!' and then they devised that fake personality test so that they could try to convince Bones to give birth in a hospital (this was even funnier considering I was recently on DVD watching Sweets' first episode, and I clearly remember how terrified he was of Booth haha).
The only problem with this episode I had was of the inclusion of the ever-annoying Daisy - she took some of Hodgin's credit (the yelling when she was watching the camera was funny), she squealed over everything involving the baby, the fact that her presence reminded me of the one thing I dislike about Sweets (his taste in women) and that by her being there, we didn't get to see the cutie Wendell, the cute Southern guy (whose name I can't remember...), or the creepy-looking but nevertheless entertaining Fisher :P The ONE upside to her plotline in this episode was when she and Sweets were making out behind the desk and she made a realisation and took off, leaving him lying behind the desk with his shift all messed-up, to be found by the weirded-out and slightly amused Cam! And his explanation was even funnier - 'I was um, down here looking, um for that thing that, um I can't find... Hey why is my jacket like that?' *pulls it up over his shoulder* PRICELESS.
This was a great way to bring the show back, in a new timeslot no less, after the winter hiatus! Can't wait for next Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment