Thursday 19 April 2012

Glee - 'Saturday Night Glee-ver'

Their opening song - 'You Should be Dancin' by the Bee Gees - had been stuck in my head the night before, but not because of Glee (in fact, I didn't even know they were going to do that song) but because I had been watching Despicable Me! I love that movie! And that song is in it! So another weird coincidence about Glee episode timing - go see my 'Big Brother' recap for the first one.
I love the guy... Wade? who came from Vocal Adrenaline to talk to Mercedes and Kurt about going onstage dressed as a woman. I loved his flahback about Jesse St. James being angry - he's so scary!! But I'm glad he was back, he's so crazy but very entertaining - and very talented.
Mr. Schue would have a diorama for planning out every aspect of the glee club - and I totally adore when they do voiceovers, and they all kind of run together :P
I got so happy when they said they were only doing songs from Saturday Night Fever in this episode! (Also, where the hell did they get that dancefloor? I want one.) My mom gave me the 2-disc record she had of the soundtrack when she was a kid, so I brought it out and had it watching the episode with me - I'm sure it would want to know it's still relevant! Haha
Their danceoff to 'Night Fever' was pretty epic, I found it hilarious that Sue can't dance, neither can Finn - and then I realised that they're pretty much the same shape! So maybe that's why...
Mercedes' rendition of 'Disco Inferno' was so intensely wonderful. I've always loved that song (c'mon, other thn Hyde from That 70s Show, who doesn't?) but her version was really good :)
'If I can't have you' was really just bleh for me, I have had mixed feelings towards that song - I mean what is with the 'ah-hah-ha' part in the chorus? Sounds like she's laughing - but Santana's voice just sounded bored! And she also scared me afterward, when she was going on and on about how 'I will become famous' - it was almost like Quinn's 'I will walk across the stage at graduation' speech from last week! And speaking of Q, she was MIA for the majority of this episode!
Rachel's continuing to do what she does best - irritate me - and HA Finn's best suited for a career as a competitive eating champion XD why can I not picture that? Maybe because it's gross. Anyway, Rachel went on to over-enunciate every word in 'How Deep is Your Love' and I muted the TV.
I feel so bad for Finn because he's not the brightest but he does try to do well, and of course Rachel's all over pressuring him, saying 'There's no rush' for him to make up his mind about the future - and then go on to basically say that he should rush anyway. I don't understand his unwillingness to actually go along with them, he seems all gung-ho and then he throws the pamphlets in the trash :/
Oh dear lord, Britney made a sex tape of her and Santana, interspersed with shots of her cat doing household chores LMAO- she said she did it cos Santana wanted to be famous... But I think that would be more infamous, not that Britney would know what that means haha.
'Unique' (the guy in drag) was actually very impressive - great voice, great dancing (of course I love Boogie Shoes haha) and very good at looking like a woman. Also, great reaction from Jesse when he saw Wade in the dress onstage XD he was doing this face O.O at first and then the most angry face I've ever seen from him... The only bad thing about this song was the fact that I kind of wanted a known character to do it - in fact, I remembered back to Season 1 where Mercedes had made a joke about K.C. and the Sunshine Band and Artie had said 'Hey, I love Boogie Shoes!' and I think he would have done a good job of it :)
Finn and Rachel got all mushy... And then he did 'More Than a Woman' and all I have to say is the following: Never again. NEVER again with the falsetto, Finn!!! There's a guy in my music class who has a great falsetto (he can probably hit higher notes than I can) and Kurt probably could have done OK with that song (another person missing this episode!) but NOT FINN PLEASE NO MORE FALSETTO!! Aaaand he's decided he wants to be an actor! Yaaay...? Kinda surprised me, to be honest, but still - yay!
Ok. Why does Mercedes not like Sam. WHY?! He's so incredibly sweet! He posted her 'Disco Inferno' video on Youtube and it had tons of positive comments and people wanting her to get a record deal. And then she and Sam kissed! I know I've always been a fan of Finn, but lately he's been kind of boring and a doormat, so Sam is officially my new favourite!
Britney got the good idea (which, as Sue pointed out, is a very rare ocurrence) for Santana to apply for a cheerleading scholarship, and she got accepted to University of Lincoln (which, as Britney pointed out, is in Lincoln) and she can do whatever program she wants and get famous, somehow, that way.
DAMN FINN WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE FALSETTO!! Ok I guess he only did a couple lines. And it was 'Stayin' Alive', which pretty much demands a falsetto. But even Mr. Schue's was better. I'm just sayin'. And they all looked kinda silly in the white tuxes - very few people can pull those off! But it was a fun way to end the episode - and my mom pointed out Quinn was missing from that number, too.

Did you hate Finn's falsetto, too? What are your thoughts on Samcedes? Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought of the episode! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment