Saturday 22 September 2012

SNL - Joseph Gordon-Levitt/Mumford and Sons

Opening with an impersonation of Live with Kelly & Michael – her face scares me… How did they do that in makeup, Nasim’s mouth looks wider than usual O.O And Bill Hader as Robert Pattinson haha that was a good one, I don’t think they’ve ever done that impression before..
I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt!! He’s so cute! Aaand he’s stripping, in an impersonation of Magic Mike haha I feel kind of uncomfortable watching this but also can’t look away… Aaand now he’s not wearing a shirt! Ok then! I officially like this! Lol good call on that, wardrobe department, no one wants to see Bobby Moynahan with no shirt on.. (He was wearing another vest under the one he ripped off). That was not much of a monologue lol but no complaints here ;)
The next thing up was a fauxmercial from the undecided voters – apparently they don’t know anything about the elections, such as when it is, who is running, who the current president is… Or if women can have a baby just from French-kissing. As a Canadian, I feel like that pretty much well represents the intelligence of the American population :P
HAHAHA The son of the most interesting man in the world… I love Joseph, but he looks like such a scumbag haha such a douche little beard… But that concept was so good XD
Now we have a PI who draws caricatures instead of taking photographs haha I know J G-L is a very serious actor, and so far he’s just seemed very Serious.. But Bill Hader can pull off anything, and he does!
OMG more of the son of the most interesting man lawl AND OMG NOW Jason Sudeikis is playing the Most Interesting Man yelling at him.. Lol I was not aware the Most Interesting Man was Spanish… Although the name of the beer is Spanish lol so nevermind
I LOVED this next sketch, Joseph was a hypnotist and he pulled Taran out of the audience and hypnotized him (But Taran was faking) and he acted like a dinosaur and took off his clothes and humped Keenan… I could have done without that mental image lol – and at the end you think he actually was hypnotized because he said he was cheating on his wife (Vanessa) and she acted all mad, but then she was up on stage behind the hypnotist and they were both shaking their heads and laughing.. Lol I have always wanted to see a hypnotist show
A tampon fauxmercial about tampons designed by the male Republicans … Awkward as one would expect from a tampon ad (fake or not) but taking a well-deserved stab at the Republican belief that a bunch of 60+ white dudes who are not medical doctors know everything about how a woman’s body functions…
I have never heard any Mumford & Sons music, but I have several friends who are big fans of them.. They’re not bad, but as a first impression – they all have matching bad postures. Hm.
Weekend Update time!! Election stuff... Election stuff.. Mitt Romney apparently had self-tanner on his face when he spoke for a group of Spanish people haha 'his face looks like my dad's recliner!' Also is completely a different colour than his neck and hands.. I gotta say, if he thinks a dark face will win him votes, Obama totally has him beat in that department... A new segment called 'what are you doing?' lol talking about Obama saying 'I can't change Washington from the inside' Dude! This is silly - Romney's dying in terms of people hating on him, and then Obama steps forward and says something rediculous.. Come on! And no one other than the year 1998 cares about Monica Lewinsky's new book. Very true. Ann Romney made a good point - everyone does like Beyonce :P Or as she says it 'Bay-on-cay' haha OMG I love Seth's sarcastic voice with the wide eyes and the big grin haha 'If this story about offensive homophobic comments made by Paris Hilton changes your opinion of Paris Hilton - WELCOME ABOARD! We've been waiting for you!' hehehe Football talk that I don't understand, but I'm laughing anyway cos Jay Pharoah is getting all high-pitched when he gets mad XD
Next up some dudes in a bar and talking about their awkward life problems while a Beatles coverband called 'Hey Dude' plays haha .. Now they're dancing through the studio? Sure..
Not sure what's happening in this next sketch, it's Jay and Keenan playing rappers who have their own fashion lines and are discussing fashion hahah.. This is just ridiculous haha.. Dudes talking like gangsters while talking about Karl Lagerfeld and Marc Jacobs ahaha they're modelling purses and discussing wineglass charms - 'Yo! Dis one look like a swan! And dis one has a tiny lighthouse on it!' 'Dat's so cool! And convenient!' 'That was their intention, yo!' I'm dying! XD
I don't understand why they always make the male hosts dress as a girl for at least ONE sketch... Joseph in a sketch where Fred and one of the new girls 'present' their daughter to a guy singing 'we present her to you' suggesting they go out O.o I'm very much confused and a little frightened lol WHO MAKES UP THESE THINGS?! And then he goes 'uh no thanks' so they scream at him to get out.. Good greif.
The next sketch got cut off at the end.. And it was about people vandalising real estate ads, stuff involving weiners.. Woah and the goodbye at the very end of the episode got cut off too. Odd.
OK I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt (as I have said a great number of times) but this episode was not one of the best :/ Last week's was better. Maybe it was just the writing - I mean it's not his fault if he was given bad sketches! Love you man but I'm only going to give it DOS equis (out of tres haha, see what I did there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment