Wednesday 24 October 2012

CSI - 'It Was A Very Good Year'

I've heard that this one has a big Greg storyline, so I'm very excited :) He hasn't had many storylines lately (mind you, I'm biased, they could spend the entire episode doing closeups of him while everyone else talks offscreen, and I'd still say he didn't have enough screentime hahah). This is also the first episode I've watched on the air in a while, so I'm excited! Got my CSI shirt from Vegas on, and I'm ready to go!
They found a piano in the middle of the desert, with a dead woman inside it. Greg is really quiet (as they say, too quiet) and he says he knew her :( Her name was Allison Bailey, she was a music historian who helped him when he was writing his book. But he looks really sad, I'm thinking she meant more than that to him... Poor baby :(
I agree with him that sometimes pianos are treated terribly, and they (especially old ones) are really beautiful things! Even if they're out of tune, they're really incredible to look at! We have an upright grand at my house, and when I was little I would lift up the front just to stare at the hammers moving when I pressed the keys :P I dropped the cover on my head a couple times, though...
The piano was clearly taken out into the desert by a moving truck. Morgan establishes that Greg and Allison were 'more than friends', he says it was just a fling, and then she asks 'For who, you or her?' and he doesn't answer. Aww :(
They find cleaned-off blood on the side of the piano, and a serial number on the side so they can track it. It belonged to 'the' Ledo Wright, a legend who Sara and Russell have never heard of XD He was a famous piano player in the 60s who (according to Greg) was friends with Frank Sinatra, who was murdered by a mob guy by the name of Tommy Grazetti, but the body was never found, yadda yadda... (I kind of hope they turn up his body, one of the many things Greg and I have in common is we are fascinated by mob history in Vegas hehe).
They found wood glue fragments inside the piano, indicating it was probably repaired recently. They talk to the guy who picked up the piano to take it to be repaired, and he says he picked it up from a theater owned by the very same Grazetti, then he found the body, panicked a dumps it in the desert. Hmm..
Greg and Russell go to visit Grazetti at his theater and they find a back room that's full of cleaned-up blood. Then Grazetti comes and interrupts them and Greg flips out on him. Poor boy... I'm not gonna lie though, yelling at a mob guy and accusing him of various crimes, might get Greg hurt! And Russell gives him a talking-to, but doesn't take him off the case (yay!)
Sara finds the Frank Sinatra impersonator-guy at the club lying in the floor listening to music (for a second I thought he was dead haha) but he has an alibi for the night of the murder.
Then Russel realises there were vinyl record (remember those, kids? I'm only 19, I don't haha) chips in the victim's wounds and at the crime scene at the theater.
Greg and Nick find on Allison's GPS records that she went to an abandoned house way out of town. In her research there's an old picture of Grazetti going to the same house, taken by one of Sam Braun's PIs. The lady who owned the house had helped in a robbery at the Rampart in wich 2 security guards were killed. When they interview Grizetti, of course he denies it, but then Greg finds several holes in his story
(from 1966, I might add, when Greg wasn't even born, what a genius!!)
Hodges is dancing to hip-hop and making me laugh so hard at his awkwardness.. Through his dancing, they realise the wood glue chips were from records that were cleaned - forming perfect nagatives of the records themselves. They 'play them' and use Russell's handy song-listening app to identify one as a Sinatra record.
Then Greg has a eureka moment and figures out that 'Grizetti' is actually Ledo Wright in disguise.. And Morgan gives him some advice and calls him 'hot' hahaha they'd make a cute couple (although she and Hodges are just so damn adorable!)
They confront Grizetti/Wright and he admist to his real identity, says the real Grizetti died choking on a chicken bone, and he took over his identity to avoid being drafted into the army.. But he never killed anyone, and he proves it.
They trace the Sinatra record from before to the same music shop where the mover-guy worked, he says he sold one to the same Sinatra impersonator as before. Then interview him and destroy his alibi, and the bastard says he's better than Sinatra, and that he bought the record for Allison, and she says she was giving it as a surprise gift to her friend Greg - so he became all jealous and killed her. WTF?! Poor Greg was not in on the interview, but he was listening, and looked so sad! Poor guy, apparently she still had feelings for him and that got her killed? How do you deal with that??
Morgan buys him another copy of the record (I should mentoin it was very rare, only about 1000 copies were ever pressed, and with all the Sinatra collectors out there, I can't believe there are still some available, but I digress for the sake of the plotline) and she says some inspirational words and pats him on the shoulder. Also, the face he made when she left and he looked after her was SO DARN CUTE they stayed on that closeup for a good 30 seconds and I was just going 'awwwww' the whole time lol XD
I love this show, not many others could go into a 46-year old mob-related disappearance story and drag Sinatra into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment