Saturday 13 October 2012

SNL - Christina Applegate

Another political debate parody... I agree with the moderator lady, 'This debate will likely not affect the outcome of this election, so just have fun with it' haha I've always wondered why they bothered having the VP candidates debate anyway... And Biden is just laughing at everything Ryan says haha (I'm laughing at his facial expression) And then Biden attempted to use the word 'homie' and the phrase 'got your back' and did a complicated gangster hand gesture with himself... And OMG Ryan said he won the 100m at the London Olympics and brought out the real Usain Bolt to 'back up his story' and Usain's like 'uhm, I won that' hehehe
Actually watching the credits today in an effort to learn the names of the freatured players.. Can't keep calling them 'new girl's and 'new guy' lol
Aidy is the chubbier one, Kate's the awesome one, Tim's the guy with the weird face, Cecily is the really pretty one.. And that's it. Ok I think I'm good.
OK Christina Applegate is hosting, I think that's the first woman host this year lol... And apparently the last time she hosted was 1993 O.o I was born that year, holy crap how old is this woman?!
And now she's singing! About how it's not yet any holiday season lol (Not in Canada! We already had Thanksgiving!) complete with some knockoff Muppets hehe
Fauxmercial!! Of that one for the razor with the 3 famous guys! It's almost identical to the original, except they added Jerry Sandusky.. Baad lol.. And wow Taran with that goatee does look a lot like Gael Garcia Bernal haha
OK I'm pretty sure they've done this type of sketch before, it's called 'The Caliornians' and they keep talking about roads, and they all talk with 'Valley Girl' type voices haha and ask 'what are you doing here?!' to each other lol.. RIGHT and then they all look at the camera super-shocked-like and then all stare in the mirror haha it's like a soap opera, but obviously impossible to take seriously XD I love Bill's shocked face, he's adorable.. They're getting married in a beige suit and a fur vest?! Da hell? And then Bobby in a hospital gown shows up and says he's her husband lol I think they literally dragged EVERYONE into this sketch.. Including Usain Bolt!
OMFG they just said Bruno Mars was pulling a Taylor Swift and hosting PLUS being the musical guest next week!!! You have no idea how excited that makes me, I love that guy!! Not only is he an incredible musicial and capable of writing songs that make my heart totally MELT, but he's really funny and SO DAMN CUTE!!! *sigh* can't wait haha
LMFAO I love this next sketch, it makes me sad but at the same time laughing, it's about these guys who are complaining about the new iPhone 5, then they bring out some asian workers who BUILT the phone, to trivialize the 'problems' hehehe.. Then she goes, to the workers 'would you like to complain about an American product?' and they go 'hmm... Let's see.. What does America make?' HAHAHA
Next up is a parody of Taken and The Expendables - 45 minutes of threatening phone calls, and 45 minutes of shooting and fighting XD This is awesome lol I'd see that if it was real!!
OK I have to admit I'm kind of interested to see Passion Pit, we used to play one of their songs at work (possibly more) and some of my friends love them. They're not bad, the drummer's pretty cute, and the lead singer is too but his eyes are weird..
Weekend Update time!! Woo!
Jokes about the debate hehe I love that they're universal, even tho I didn't watch the debate and don't understand American politics haha. He brought out Nasim's Ariana Huffington lol and I think he enjoys it when his guests 'flirt' with him hehe :P But of course they would! He's so freaking cute!! And the audience keeps interupting her with applause because of he making good points about women's rights (woot!)
OMFG THEY'RE BRINGING OUT JEAN K JEAN!!! HOLY CRAPULENCE I love him I thought they retired that character!!! "Zut alors!" Then he dances!! "Increy-ab-lay!"!! I am so happy about this!! Even Seth is kinda dancing, with his shoulders, a little bit, in a dignified 'I'm-in-a-suit' manner XD
I love when they do parodies of Greek mythology :D This one's Odysseus and the sirens (I never understood why he didn't also plug his ears..) Lol they're singing real 90s songs! And randomly fading out of tune.. Weird. And he knows the lyrics haha!! LMAO SHANIA TWAIN'S 'DON'T IMPRESS ME MUCH!!' I loved that song when I was little, and I didn't even know who Brad Pitt or what a rocket scientist was.. And now they're all singing the songs hehe LMAO TLC's 'Scrubs' is the one that pushes him over the edge XD I'm dying
OH MY GOD it's the awkward 'attention teachers and students' principal guy!!! At a Halloween dance hehe (which is in support of the library lol no one ever goes to the library anymore) HAHA I love it expecially that he has his own microphone, he probably spits all over that one when he's snorting all into it haha and OH DEAR GOD he's laughing, I'm loving this, I can't believe he's never done that before that is one of my fave sketches of all time!
Next up is one where Christina plays a dance instructor trying to teach some people Fossey by using nonsense words to 'count' or describe various dance moves... And I'm sorry, but Keenan totally stole thoe scene with his catchphrase 'this don't make no sense!!' bahaha sp good.
I feel like that may have just been the best episode of this season so far. I loved it. None of the sketches were really awkward and made me uncomfortable! Hooray! Yay Christina Applegate! Love her lol
See y'all (and Bruno Mars!) next week! Thanks for reading, please leave a comment!!

1 comment:

  1. I can’t believe it’s been almost 20 years since Christina Applegate hosted SNL last; too long in my opinion. She was hilarious hosting last night. I wasn’t able to see the show last night since I was working late at DISH. I set my Hopper a while back to automatically record the entire season to the two terabyte DVR and then watched it this morning. I am just happy that I can watch it when I want without having to worry about how much space I’ve got. I am definitely looking forward to seeing Bruno Mars soon!

    ReplyDelete