Sunday 21 October 2012

SNL - Bruno Mars

If you saw my post last week, you'll know how excited I am for this one!! I love Bruno Mars!! Not sure how well he'll do with acting, but he seems like a pretty cool and entertaining guy, so good luck to him!!
We open with another political debate cold open (raise yur hand if you were surprised by that) and they both keep threatening each other lol, apparently threatening to kick the ass of the president carries a setence of 10 years in prison, while threatening to kick the ass ofa former Governor of Massechusets carries a fine of 50-150$ lol.. Which is good for Obama, considering he ONLY makes as much money as Romney pays his cats :P And OMG there’s Tom Hanks randomly, I love him! Why does he always just randomly show up?? I love him!!
OK time for the monologue, I LOVE THIS MAN!! He sings and dances and is cute in general! And that’s enough of a description lol.. I was kinda thinking that I wish he hadn’t done a singing monologue cos it’s so stereotypical, but then I remembered Taylor Swift did the same thing and it was awesome, so nevermind haha :P
Next up we have a fauxmercial, a parody of that weird creepy Brad Pitt black-and-white-rambling-randomly Chanel perfume one… Taran killed it haha
Aand a talk show sketch called ‘haters’ where Bobby Moynahan and ‘her’ daughter Bruno come out dressed like women and shake their booties.. Also a weird coincidence, because right before Bruno came out dressed like a girl, I was talking to my friend and referred to him as ‘pretty’ XD (Bruno, not my friend, sorry Andrew :P )
Then another weird fauxmercial with ‘Brad Pitt’, advertising Taco Bell/Doritos hybrid taco lol
A sketch at Pandora Internet Radio, where all of the various artist channels keep losing power and they make Bruno the intern sing parts of all the various songs, the first one was Green Day and he was all mumbly and AWESOME lol, then some Aerosmith, Katy Perry, Justin Beiber (didn’t sound anything like Beiber but was funny nonetheless) and then some guy kept skipping songs on the Michael Jackson channel (everyone has an MJ glove for him to use lol) and no one knows the words to ‘Smooth Criminal’ LMAO then the power gets fixed, and he dies from all the singing L Was that necessary???
And this next prt made me so sad, it was like a digital short (sadly no Andy Samberg) it opens with Bruno saying to some psychiatrist ‘I don’t know if I can do this – what if I wave and they don’t wave back??’ I was very confused, but then you see him wandering around Times Square in a mouse costume waving to random people, and none of them wave back and he’s so sad!! And it just goes on and on and no one pays attention to him :’( Poor Bruno!!! Then there’s a hula-frog mascot nearby who is in the same predicament and also looks really sad, and just when I think I can’t take any more of the sad animals, Brno-mouse goes up to the hula-frog and they wave to each other :3 then hug and walk away holding hands!! AWWW it was cute but not terribly funny..
Tom Hanks introduces Bruno singing his new single ‘Locked Out of Heaven’ and I want to go download it RIGHTAWAY it’s so good!! J
WEEEEEEEEEKEND UPDATE!!! I can’t remember specifically any of the jokes really, a lot of them were election-related, and my internet is dead so I split a lot of that time between staring at cutie Seth and trying to figure out how to make it come back… BUT THEN STEFAN THE CITY CORRESPONDANT CAME OUT AND TALKED ABOUT HALLOWEEN!!! AND MY NIGHT WAS MADE!!! Especially because Bill made himself laugh so many times and that makes me so happy when that happens J
Then there was another of those sketches about the creepy singing robots in the Halloween tunnel at a carnival trying to kill the people on the ride when it breaks down… I gotta say, I am so impressed with their ability to move like animatronics, sometimes I forget they’re real… Bruno especially, the other guys have had tons of practise with this and he’s had like a week!! And then at the end, suddenly there’s another ‘brother’ robot and it’s Tom Hanks XD
This next sketch was really weird, it was Vanessa and Jason as a couple at a country lodge, where Bruno is the guy working the front desk and he has an eyepatch (why not, right?) and anytime anyone mentions yetis he freezes and stares all creepily at the camera – then he brings out Bill who (of course) was molested by a Yeti and gets in on the staring at the camera thing XD
Stefan (YAY!) introduces Bruno again, and he sings this AMAZING song that I’ve never heard before but melted my heart – also I noticed he wasn’t wearing his trademark fedora, he’s traded it in for some other kind of hat (I’m not good with names, help me out) it has a circular brim and kinda looks like a cowboy hat but it’s not curved up at the sides, or quite as dented at the top… Makes him look like a farmhand from the turn of the century, but I don’t care, he’s so cute!!! And DAMN that boy can sing, ugh I love him so much!! Note to self: buy his new CD.
And to wrap things up, it’s another one of those under-underground records festival things haha they’re so funny! This one is about the election (of course) and involves so many cultural references, I can’t even list them all haha… Also, apparently Ass Dan has a twin brother, Butt Dave, and of course they both die! Sounds about right.
Bruno closes out the show by thanking Tom Hanks and everybody else (ever since Seth McFarlane, I’ve been keeping an eye out to see if anyone thanks the writers, and so far no one has. Interesting), and then goes to say ‘until we meet again’ but flubs it and cracks up, awww… Then he blew kisses to the audience and I would have pretended to catch one but I was too busy typing…  I don’t care how dorky that is lol he is one of the cutest people I have ever seen. And has a voice like a freaking angel.
Thanks for reading, my dears, I promise I’m trying to catch up on the various other shows/blogs, but I’ve had midterms and such… Good thing hiatus week lined up with midterms. Can’t believe I’m stressed about watching TV. I have been spending too much time at my computer. Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Bruno Mars did a fantastic job hosting SNL for someone who has never hosted before. My favorite skit was the Pandora Intern. Who knew he could play Michael Jackson so perfectly? I couldn’t see the show live the other night since I was working late at DISH. I set up my Hopper to automatically record the show so I could watch it the next morning. It’s nice that I can have the entire season on my DVR, and still have plenty of recording space left over. Bruno Mars is one of my favorite artists, and I hope he hosts again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was incredible!! I loved the Pandora Intern one too haha he really is SO talented! I am jealous of your DVR lol I wish I had one so I didn't have to watch everything online XD

      Delete
  2. Thanks! :) Hope you have a nice day too!

    ReplyDelete