Saturday 19 January 2013

SNL - Jennifer Lawrence & The Lumineers

Somehow, they managed to cram the biggest news items of the past week (Lance Armstrong and the dope, Manti T'eo and his fake girlfriend, and Jodie Foster's weirdness) all into the cold open. Impressive.
Jennifer Lawrence is as adorable as I've ever seen her, because she's just so happy and sweet - but she will take down her competition for the Oscar!! Haha I really hope she wins, she really seems so cool, and I have no idea who any of the other ladies are, really. Except for Jessica Chastain, but she just kinda annoys me. Not sure why. Also, I love that she pretends to have brought Tommy Lee Jones (played by Bill) to the show with her and he's sitting in the audience, and at one point kinda danced!! Haha 
Did anyone else see this?? I loved it!!!
Next there was a faux-mercial for one of those home-coffee machines, made by Starbucks, so this one gets your order wrong and spells your name wrong on a mug - and then the machines talk to each other and make fun of you HAHA
That awkward fake Girlfriends talk show was back, and it makes me really uncomfortable haha cos poor Aidy's character is like 'um I thought we were doing this' and Cecily's all 'nope, we're doing whatever my nee best friend says is cool'.. In this case, it was Jennifer dressed as a goth, although Aidy did get some sass moments in this sketch - Jennifer accuses her of being a cougar and she goes 'I ain't no cougar - do these HUMAN fingers look like paws??!!'
They did a fake Hunger-Games press conference (totally saw that coming) and although I love Jennifer Lawrence and I like that she's a healthy weight rather than a typical stick-thin actress, I didn't really believe that she as Katniss was always starving... But anyway. They really nailed the costumes for this sketch, especially for the reporters, who keep asking why Peeta is so lame haha (and I'm wondering who that was playing Peeta, it could have been Taran but he had a lot of makeup on). Also, they're not there to talk about Bill's beard.
After that there was a hilarious parody of The Hobbit - saying that the director had decided to split the last 2 movies into 18 little movies - number 4 is apparently them getting lost because of how unreliable Apple Maps is XD And one of the reviews was 'I fell asleep for 45 minutes, and when I woke up, the dwarves were assembling IKEA furniture.' OMG HAHA then all the dwarves started singing Billy Joel's 'The Night is Still Young'!! I love that song! And it was adorable lol
Totally reminded me of this bit they did on Family Guy - the
cavemen sit around grunting, then burst into 'For The Longest
Time', and that was the invention of music!!
OMG I just found out that next week the host is ADAM LEVINE!!!!!??? OK SNL, first you have Maroon 5 on as musical guest in November, and now this?!! I think SNL is giving me a late Christmas present :3 Either that, or they're trying to make up for implying that Justin Beiber can act AND sing (when he can actually do neither) by making him host AND musical guest in a few weeks. Ugh.
The next sketch terrified me a little, Bobby and Vanessa were a couple at one of those old-school 50s diners, and all the waitresses were making fun of them (like sassy 50s waitresses) and then Jennifer was a really SCARY one, saying 'I hate you' and 'You're gonna die alone' it was really creepy lol. And at the end, she and Bill poured whipped cream on them - and I've always wondered, how do they clean that stuff off so fast between sketches?!
The Lumineers are this week's musical guest, I enjoy them, we've played their song at work a few times and I really like it... Not sure if I know anything else by them though. And for some reason the song seemed REALLY short when they performed it O.o
Weekend Update time!! Woo!! Seth, of course, talks about Lance Armstrong, Manti T'eo, and a bunch of other stuff, and then they bring out Anthony Crispino, the second-hand news correspondant played by Bobby!! Apparently Lance Armstrong actually admitted he was a dwarf (he's Dopey) and he told everyone at the opera hahahahah!!! I'm also surprised that Bobby's voice can go as high as it does when he says 'I'm preeeeetty sure' and then Seth started matching him and it was just priceless!!
Next sketch kind of confused me, it was Top Chef - but for dogs. Really? Also, I was drinking water at the time, and then one of the 'dogs' said that there was cat poop and some urine in her 'dish' and I almost puked... Not cool.
Then they did that sketch with the early-morning hip-hop radio station, and it was HILARIOUS as always, with their exclaiming over everything, and the foghorn then twirling those towels in the air - and J-Law played their intern who actually can't rhyme, she kept telling Taran to drop a beat and then she'd say some weird stuff that barely made sense and didn't rhyme at all, for example: "It's flu season so you're gonna have issues, if you've got the sniffles, get a big box of Kleenex!" LMAO so good. 
However, it will never be a match for my boy Jimmy Fallon...
"Man in the box, get back in that box!!!"
The Lumineers played again, and for a second I was confused, because the beginning of the song they played sounded kind of the same as the beginning of the last song, and I was thinking 'um, do they only have the one song? Is that why it was so short before - they cut it off, and now they're finishing it??' But then I realised that it was, in fact, a different song, and another one I know! So yay!
I missed the beginning of the next sketch, so it really confused me, but I think it was basically just a play on a cheesy old-school movie (the colouring and the dubbing was off) where everyone is enamoured with this Danielle girl (played by Jennifer, of course) and it made no sense to me.
The last sketch was weird but funny... But in a way where the joke kinda goes too far -.- Basically, it's about the Civil War, Jennifer and Tim (who we haven't seen anywhere else in this episode - weird) are sending letters back and forth while he's away at war. She's writing eloquently, like one would expect of a lady of that era, and he is being a typical immature doof and asking for naked pictures of her. And then she dumps him, and he dies.
Also, during the goodbyes, something epic happened - one of the guys from the Lumineers dropped his hat on the stage, then picked it up - using his foot, and SUCCESSFULLY flipped it up back onto his head. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT?!! I can barely even play Flip Cup haha either he practised that for AGES on purpose, or he got REALLY lucky on national TV. Good one, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment