Sunday 6 January 2013

SNL - Martin Short & Paul McCartney

I already saw this opening, with the children singing 'Silent Night' in honour of the Sandy Hook school shooting... It made me cry. Such a tragedy, and handled so beautifully by this show.

This is a happy blog, so I don't want to talk about the tragedy here, but I wrote on my other blog about it:
http://whatithinkaboutanythingandeverything.blogspot.ca/2012/12/tragedy-dedicated-to-victims-of-newtown.html Please give it a read.

Soo I don't know much about Martin Short other than he's Canadian, was on SNL and SCTV ages ago, and his wife died recently.. (My dad would disown me for that, he loves the guy) But he's pretty funny! And he stepped on the piano player's hand lol. And 'how does a man sit on a piano?!' He also doesn't remember the names of the new girls! I no longer feel bad, he's actually MET them, and I finally have learned them... OMFG KRISTEN WIIG!!!! With her little tiny hands! aww I love her!! AND HOLY GODDAMN IT'S JIMMY FALLON AND TOM HANKS AND SAMUEL L JACKSON!!!! Those first 2 are everywhere haha AND TINA FEY AND LORNE MICHAELS THIS IS MAKING ME SO HAPPY!!! And then he pretends not to know who Lorne is and kisses him HAHAHAHAHAHA weirdest monologue ever!!!
Oh my god, another cameo?!! Alec Baldwin as Tony Bennett!! Geez, I know it's the Christmas show, but HOLY SMOKES!!! And I love Jay's imiatation as Kanye haha.. The laxative product placement was a bit gross tho lol
Some creepy British dude advising Bill the OB/.GYN on how to act when treating the pregnant Kate... And I love Bill's deep, proper British voice lol, especially when he begins laughing XD plus if he said 'the V-word' he'll be deported LMAO AAND he's laughing more!!! DAMN I LOVE THIS MAN!! Also 'Did you notice there has been a Royal Guard in this room the whole time?' teehee that would have been funny if you didn't see a black fuzz pop up in front of the camera...
The Charlie Brown special has been ruined hahaha this is so creepy lol it's supposedly from New York...
I hope no one was tweeting 'who's Paul McCartney' again -.- That's such bullshit, so many people claim to be such Beatles fans but don't even know who he is? Or don't know who the Beatles are, but they made such a huge difference in music... YOU'RE WELCOME!!!
Weeeeeeekend uuuuupdaaaate!!! Now the Story of Hanukah told by Jacob the Bar Mitzvah boy, played by Vanessa in a yarmulke teehee so cute!! 'But don't tell my parents I said the-at!!' and he won't answer Seth when he's talking haha 'This is less the story of Hanukah, and more a low-level roast of your family' awww!!!
OH MY GOD IT'S THE GIRL YOU WISH YOU HADN'T STARTED A CONVERSATION WITH AT A PARTY!!!! And he flubbed her intro haha who can blame him, her name's so long XD 'Fact: for every 5 people that are hungry, there are 5 people who are too full. Like, switch stomachs!' and she mimicked Seth's voice which was dead-on, and his face when she says things his confused face is HILARIOUS I'm dying over here!!
WHAT UP WITH THAT!!! With Samuel L. Jackson, some musician I've never heard of, and LINDSAY BUCKINGHAM (of course)!!! This sketch gets me every time... 'We are here to make a joyful noise unto BET' and I always get that song stuck in my head... Sometimes I am tempted to make up that song of my own lol.. And Jackson's getting pissed!! Plus Jason's running-man has a name, apparently it's Vance! (Vince?) HOLY Samuel actually swore, I wonder if they actually tell people this is a gag show?? They must know.. Considering that's Bill Heder and not Lindsay Buckingham lol...
Paul's back and OMG THAT'S DAVE GROHL!!!
And I don't understand the next sketch, it's some guys randomly meeting up and comparing their lives which make no sense, apparently they lie about everything... To everyone... But it was pretty funny lol 'I live in a big field, so just walk in any direction, and you'll find it' haha
Next up is auditions for a Christmas pageant, and Martin and Paul are a duo, only Martin sings, and Paul is only allowed to play the triangle haha but he doesn't know when to play it... And he looks so sad! Poor Paul! And then Martin storms off and he goes 'can I sing now?' and they let him and he gets up on the BIG stage and sings 'simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime' and even though it's WAY after Christmas, this song still makes me happy.. Altho his voice sounds worn-out, I think he overdid it in the last song. AND OMG THE KIDS FROM EARLIER CAME OUT AND SANG AND THEY LOOK SO HAPPY I'M TEARING UP!!!
D'aww... As Tony Bennett would say, that was a 'great, great episode
 haha I love how he does that!! And it's fake-snowing, and he thanked like 50 people, and they're all hugging, and I want it to be Christmas again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment