Monday 26 November 2012

HIMYM - 'The Stamp Tramp'

Hey everybody BONUS POST today, cos I've been super-busy/lazy and while I watched the episode, I never got around to posting about it! So this post will be pretty short (and I have no clue when I will get around to posting about this week's episode - sorry!)
Yes it took me a while to realise that the title of this episode is the REVERSAL of the typical phrase 'stamp tramp' lol. Don't judge.
Speaking of which, we haven't mentioned this beauty in a
while haha remember this??

Barney 'needs' to find a new strip club because Quinn went back to her job at the Lusty Leopard after they broke up, and obviously he doesn't want to see her. So the other strip clubs in town are pusuing him.
Marshall is scared of a giant walking hotdog-man, and he ran into his buddy Brad (played by Joe Manganiello!) from law school, who is all homeless and gross cos he has no job. So Marshall decides to try and get him a job at his firm. 
You know, this guy! Who I've always thought
should be a hockey player... He's just so BIG!

This episode brought about my new favourite catchphrase after being insulted - 'How dare you! And what is that?'
One of the many things I love about this show, is that it's perfectly normal for them to put little sound efffects and animations over things. No other sitcom does that!! And even if they did, I doubt they'd be able to pull it off! Also if Robin is doing a bunch of things Lily reccommended, doesn't that ALSO make her a 'piggyback stamper' like Ted?
Ted wants to prove he's not, so he walks in with a T-shirt from a band who he says he made everyone like by a band named Dishwalla (Terrible band name, BTW), that 'tell me all your thoughts on God' song, that I actually like, we used to play it at work and I never knew just how old it was haha... Lily says it was her who heard it first, Ted says the radio DJ Dr. X made him listen to the song and claims he was NOT Dr. X, then Lily says that's another piggyback and he 'confesses' he was Dr. X so Lily Robin and Barney did a PLANNED spittake hahaha loved it!!! Robin also agrees to be Barney's agent while he finds a new strip club. 
Spittakes are the funniest!! Unless you're the one being spat on..
Ted has a huge collection of video-diaries from college he's watching to prove that he's ever had an original opinion, Brad at the job interview continues to make a huge ass of himself...
Loving the fact that they keep up the 'sandwiches' thing Ted uses to not tell his kids about pot, after all the inappropriate things they talk about on this show haha!
Brad insults Marshall's boss, who is in denial about being short. 'I am six foot one, sir!' 'Dude, I'm at least a foot taller than you.' 'Then you must be a freakish seven foot one!' I WAS DYING of laughter!! But then the boss got all pissed at Marshall and kicked him off the important case.
Robin got bribed by the Golden Oldies strip club - she has a diamond $ sign on a chain, how cliche!
Lily plotted to get Marshall back into his place at the firm, by putting his 'stamp' on funny videos (like one of Ted) and snacks (caramel and cheese popcorn! Which I just had the other day, and they're right, it is surprisingly delicious)
LOL Ted and Marshall in the video are talking and Ted says he's probably not going to meet his wife until he's like 23! Bit off there, buddy... Then Marshall is talking about how much he likes Lily, and I feel like he was channeling his awkwardly adorable character Nick from Freaks & Geeks there for a bit.. but then the biggest, most unexpected AWW moment - Ted approved of Lily and told Marshall to 'hold on to her'.. And her face while they see the video and then Marvin's face as she's talking, it was all just so cute!!! :)
Marshall shows up at court and Brad is there - working for the opposition!! The bastard planned the whole thing to get into their offices and steal their strategy for the case! How could he do that?! They used to be really good friends! And why would a law firm keep him hired with that awful beard, yeuch. Not gonna lie, I kinda did see it coming unfortunately. Poor Marshall.
Barney and Robin are hanging out and then he kisses her and she freaks out and says 'we can't do this' but doesn't explain why, and leaves him standing there looking sad. My inner fangirl went AWW YAY! And my inner single girl went 'JEALOUS!!' haha
Until 'next week' but as I said before, I don't know when that will be, exactly... Hopefully as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment