Saturday 3 November 2012

SNL - Louis C.K.

Note: I would like to apologize for horrible punctuation in this posting, about halfway through I somehow screwed up my keyboard and pressing the apostrophe key makes the è symbol and I have no clue how to fix it! O.o And the question mark key makes a É, Im so confused I dont know whats happening!!!
I was wondering what would happen to SNL if the power was still knocked out from Hurricane Sandy last week.. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, in the same building (30 Rockefeller!) kicked out their audience and filmed with no audience (I watched, it was really interesting to be the only one laughing - and shout out to cutie Seth Meyers who was the first guest that night!) My school was closed for a day because a water main burst down the road so they cut water to the campus (unfortunately, I live on campus, so I had to go to the bathroom in a port-a-potty outside - not fun!) and New York was in much worse condition. Anyway, they have power, and they're on!
The cold open was about, what else, Sandy, they had the mayor of NYC (Fred) and New Jersey governor Chris Christie (Bobby) and their sign-language interpreters who were making random gestures to match their words (apparently sign language for Obama is pulling one's ears back and looking serious). And Christie will still vote for Romney, but he will hate it. I particularily enjoyed Nasim's interpretation of someone from Jersey hahah, so much bobbing up and down and big hair and weird facial expressions (I think that's the only time someone ever has conveyed an accent without speaking!)
Louis C.K.'s monologue was hilarious (I should hope so, given the fact that he's a stand-up comedian) and he had a handhelp mic, which I think is the first time I've seen that in an SNL monologue (again, probably because he's a standup comedian). It involved Hurricane Sandy and old ladies, and he neglected to mention the musical guest, Fun.! How rude! (Another first I've seen!)
FOX and Friends is on, haha I'm sad I'm not watching this online, because when I watch it online, I can pause and actually read those corrections they run by on the screen! And they have Donald Trump on! (YAAY JASON SUDEIKIS!!!) He says that the flooding of New York will in no way affect the filming of this season of Celebrity Apprentice! Whew, I was worried!
Next they flip to an awkward pre-taped segment of Louis as President Lincoln in a bar talking to Keenan as a black guy, and complaining hat he doesn't have any black friends haha so now he's walking around New Yory trying to meet black people? I don't get it.. Then he goes on stand-up and says 'I hate arguing with slave owners like they're not just f***ing assholes' LMAO Then he argues with his wife about having tickets to somewhere.. I think I know where that's going!! He's back at stand-up and he's saying he's going to get murdered and he knows it hahaha.. 'I feel bad for the detectieve who has to try and solve my murder, they're going to go 'well who could have wanted to kill him? How about the whole middle of the country down?? Cos he kind of just ruined the whole way they do everything'' Good call on that one.. After all, John Wilkes Booth was from the south, I never really thought of that before, always just kind of assumed he was simply of an asshole ;)
Next up we have one of those shows about old-school movies - with a twist, from Australia.. Fred has a terrible Australian accent  -.- he's talking about the famous couple played by Bill and Kate who are in all the old Australian movies and are so nonchalant about everything haha
Ahh fun.!!! I have no clue why they have a period in their name but I don't care :) The lead singer is SO talented (and really cute! haha) I don't get why he kind of Auto-tunes his voice sometimes, he's just so unique I love him... And I'm so glad they're playing 'Some Nights', I don't think I have ever loved a song as much as I love this one, it's really hard to describe why I love it, but it's so beautiful (his voice!) and so powerful (the drums!) at the same time that... AGH IT'S JUST INCREDIBLE!!! And there's the incredibly unnecessary Autotuning.. He has an oddly-shaped nose haha it's so cute! I'm done obsessing for now.. But Maroon 5 is on in a few weeks, and I am currently OBSESSED with their latest album, Overexposed, so I can't promise a lack of squeals then...
Hey Seth Meyers! How you doin?? He's making lots of Hurricane Sandy/New York judges, and now we have Sudeikis as Romney! Damn I love his voice XD They're arguing over whether or not he said he woiuld cut funding to FEMA 'In my defense, when I said that.. It was sunny' LMAO and he wants to be President but isn't sure why :P
They're introducing a new character, Kourtney Barnes, social media correspondent, played by new girl Amy (I think?), she's dressed kinda like a brunette Garcia (shoutout to Criminal Minds!) and reading random tweets and Facebook posts kinda-sorta-not-really related to the election
Apparently there was a tree that fell over during the storm that revealed a skeleton buried underneath that might have been there since Colonial times! O.o that is utterly fascinating. I forgot what the joke was.. AND OH MY GOD ITS RANDOM GIRL YOU WISHED YOU HADNT STARTED A CONVERSATION WITH AT A PARTY XD I LOVE HER!!!! She makes no sense but I love her BECAUSE SHE MAKES NO SENSE BUT SHES SO SERIOUS ABOUT IT!!! And Seth has no clue what to do haha.. But he made a serious note on how to help out people through the Red Cross, awww... (Seriously, its a good point, please donate what you can!)
Up next is a weird Skyrim-slash-Game of Thrones parody where Louis is on a snowy mountaintop and blowing a horn trying to summon Zog (whoever that is) and hes irritating the villagers with his horn-blowing, but then it turns out he was reading the scroll wrong, his horn was supposed to summon Zord, who was the guy played by Fred who showed up in the first place! ahaha so funny.. Not really. To be honest, my fave part of that sketch was when the sound effect didnt match up with Louis pretending to blow the horn and he kept picking it back up and putting it down becuase he was out of sync haha...
I have always wondered about the random fees that hotels charge, and Bobby Moynahan is trying to check out of a hotel in a rush and Louis the reception worker guy is taking his time and says that he needs to be charged 65$ for Argon and when Moynahan says he didnt get any Argon, Louis says "its a colourless odourless gas, are you sure you didnt have any" LMAO then he says he must have taken the taxidermied bobcat from the mantel and Bobby argues about it but the fee for that is only 12 cents XD and then Fred walks by carrying the bobcat so nevermind HAHA (Oh and FYI, if you order 6 pristine diamonds delivered on a silk cushion worth 75,000$, you can just say "I never ordered that" and theyll remove it from your charges haha) That was priceless! And they both cracked up at the very end, I wasnt expecting that to happen! Easily the best sketch so far :P
Fun. is back :) And I love this song 'Carry On' too, I've heard it a few times (my friend has their CD, I highly recommend it it's incredible!) I love that the lead singer is wearing a trench coat - how many musicians do that during a performance?? And I just realised, he looks a little bit like a younger, cuter, floppy-haired John Cryer!! O.O Which is odd, considering all the Emmys Louis C.K. won, and the fact that John Cryer pissed me off by taking the Emmy that Jim Parsons deserved... And my Sheldon posters are staring at me as if they're saying 'yea you better mention that I deserved that Emmy!' I think I'm sleep-deprived...
Two people at a bar, mildly amusing, they really have nothing in common but it's last call so they're both really desperate so they're acting like everything is really incredibly coincidentally awesome.. And they're acting drunk but it's funny cos the actors are clearly not drunk so they're flipping back and forth between slurred speech and saying their weird lines... And now they (Louis and Kate) are making out VERY awkwardly and Keenan (the bartender)'s face probably summed up my reaction.. It was like O.o in real life, but with a crooked open disgusted-type mouth too lol... They go outside and start making out against the window of the bar, so Keenan does the only logical thing and grabs a can of spray paint and whites out the window 'Yea, I don't wanna see how that pans out!' Hooray for hilarious awkwardness!! It's rare that they get that ratio right, so I think we should all cherish this moment...
Alright, it's over and it's bedtime for me (haha probably not going to happen...) see you next week with Anne Hathaway and Rihanna!! (Is it too much for me to hope that Andy Samberg returns to do a Shy Ronnie and Rihanna part 3? Probably :( ) Anyway, goodnight y'all! Enjoy the extra hour of sleep tonight! I know I will! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment