Tuesday 7 February 2012

Catching up (on EVERYTHING)

Sooo I am terribly behind, as you may have noticed. I'm not that behind in my TV watching, but my writing about it has lagged worse than a novamov video at 24  mbps.
So I am going to summarize all my reactions to stuff from the past 3ish weeks in this one post!
House has kind of been boring me lately, maybe the novelty has worn off, since it's so damn predictable.
How I Met Your Mother: I don't think I have posted about that show at all yet! I loved the episode '46 minutes', it made me sad that the gang was sans Mashall and Lily, but then Barney took over as 'group leader' and that was funny as hell... I'm a sucker for parody title sequences! I also loved all the communicating with Lily's dad via intercom! 'I need silence when practising the drums' 'Nobody is allowed to touch the fudge in my nightstand' 'We need ant traps for my nightstand' Marshall reading those notes Mickey had left through the house was my fave line of the episode :P
Glee: OMG MICHAEL JACKSON right away I knew it was gonna be a good one! I love 'Wanna be Startin' Somethin' it's one of my fave MJ songs... The one Artie did with Mike was really good too I loved that they copied the music video very closely and that ARTIE DANCED!! AND MIKE SANG!! Hmm what else.. Oh, Sebastian's an ASSHOLE with his freakin' rocksalt slushie! It totally ruined the end of an epic dance/singing battle! (And I thought Puck totally suited that song lol but everyone else looked a little too 'good' to be 'Bad' haha) Artie's speech about being walked all over and put down (and I think Kurt made a similar one later on) really struck a chord with me, I think I actually applauded him and it definitely brought tears to my eyes. Santana was pretty badass singing 'Smooth Criminal' in a battle with Sebastian, and it made me laugh how intense the guys playing the cello (?) looked haha I thought they were one note away from beating each other with their bows! And then he slushied her, too -.- BUT she got his confession on tape, and then everyone sang 'Black or White' and they got the better of him... For now! Oh and Rachel and Kurt both got finalist auditions for NYADA, Rachel said yes to marrying Finn (but not rightaway) but I'm 99% sure that won't end up working out.
CSI: I still need to catch up on its Miami counterpart, but I have missed 2 episodes of this one (conveniently, a 2-parter!) so here goes: Catherine is at the center of both episodes ('Mrs. Willows regrets' and 'Willows in the wind') as these are the last 2 she will ever be on (*SOB*) so there's more about the crazy guy with the evil weaponry and more innocent people being slaughtered, cleaned up professionally, but no one can fool the CSI team, woot! Catherine's best friend from childhood and the cute FBI guy she (Catherine) was eyeing both turn up dead after being ambushed along with 4ish other FBI agents... BUT WAIT they were both actually double-agents so theyre still alive (we find out later), but Catherine gets attacked at her house by some insane guns and they tear up her nice couch (I would be pissed) but somehow miss her, for the most part as she RUNS through the room even though they have semi-automatic guns (lack of realism for the win!) and she rund out to the road and Russell pulls up and goes 'get in!' and the car gets shot to hell but he's ok and she is wounded, they somehow lure Doc Robbins to them to help heal her and then they sneak away again... Shifty guy in a trenchcoat, gotta watch out for those guys... And now we find out about the 'friend' and the 'agent' turns out he got killed at Catherine's  house (he was there shooting/protecting her, nobody knows for sure) and then they hunt down Laura, the friend (which confused me, as she was played by the same woman who was the therapist on Pretty Little Liars, and in that case they thought she was dead too, but the audience knows she's ok, but she disappeared and it's so complicated but what else is new?) So Catherine gives a beautiful speech about how they're her 'family' and she will miss them, but she's going to work for the FBI and they all hug her and say goodbye, Nick in particular looks teary-eyed but I bet there was some real actor-sadness there too, since he and Paul Guilfoyle (Jim Brass) are the only actors who have been in every episode since the pilot!
Big Bang Theory: I was a little better at watching this one on time, but never wrote about it, so now i am 3 episodes behind. Leonard and Penny decided out of the blue to date again, but they were uncertain about how it would turn out, so theyre in the 'beta testing' stage which I found hilarious. In an AMAZING episode ('the friendship contraction') Leonard decides to back out of the Roommate Agreement since he is sick of Sheldon, and then the power goes out and Sheldon's all 'sucks to be you' because he has rations and Leonard doesn't... But Sheldon had only a glo-stick by which to see (unfortunately, those epic luminous arrows on the floor were carcinogenic) and Leonard had a light sabre, so I think we know who won that battle... Then Leonard goes over to Penny's apartment cos he's sick of Sheldon and we eventually find out that Sheldon turned the power off himself because he wanted Leonard to need him. Awwwe. And then he agrees to have a 'Leonard's day' once a year haha so cute!
The Finder: I have not posted a single blog about this one yet, so I'll just sum them all up: This guy is a crazy ninja at finding things and manipulating people's minds (like Patrick from The Mentalist a little bit) and he's so funny, I love how he always says 'I'ma risk it' hahaha and he finally asked out whatshername in the most recent episode... Willow is kind of a mystery, I'm not sure if she's inherently good or evil... Leo is hilarious and so tough haha he's almost a bodyguard but he gets kind of emotional too, and I think Willow's right, she is his 'replacement daughter'. Also, I love Walter's rediculous eyewear lol

No comments:

Post a Comment